Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN

Hi @surelyhungry, to update the firmware you click on the update firmware button on the device page: Blue Series • Updating Your Firmware • Hubitat | Inovelli Help Center. I think the firmware version is only shown in the state variables for Zigbee devices. If you push the “Refresh” button on the device page, wait a minute, then hit refresh on your browser it will show you the firmware version in your state variables. 01020200 is 2.0. You don’t need to really pay attention to the swbuild and can just rely on the string representation of the firmware version.

@epow z2m has the latest firmware version in its manifest.

1 Like

But what about ZHA?

1 Like

did you ever resolve your issue? I have a switch that is in an endless update loop. The logs seem to indicate the switch was updated to 2.15, but the switch doesn’t show that as the version. I’m guessing the switch was updated fine, but the firmware version is not reflected accurately. So the switch keeps going through the update loop over and over.

Is there anyone else who is unable to start the firmware update on their Hubitat?

I have previously not encountered any issues, but today I installed a new switch that has version 2.08, and now nothing seems to be working.

I’ve done several firmware updates in the past without issue. Are you seeing errors in your log?

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli Hi, still wondering about 2.15 for ZHA… https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/firmware-zha.json is still unchanged at 2.08.

Also, the top post mentions 2.15, but doesn’t list what changed.

1 Like

Refer to the firmware change log.

@EricM_Inovelli on 2.17 dimming speeds are not working properly. They’re inverted in a two switch binding. I am also losing connection between the switches on 2.17 where it was fully stable on 2.15. Something doesn’t seem right with this release.

I replied in the other thread, but please try to do a factory reset. There may be corrupt configuration data with all the configuration additions.

1 Like

Following.

I am an HA user with Z2M. I just got the update notification, but I have not updated it yet.

I think I am going to pause it for Z2M as we do a little more testing today. The update has been available on Hubitat for a few weeks so I thought it was good to go. My initial tests are showing consistent results for the different speed settings, but I am updating another switch to test them in Switch to Switch 3-way.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli Hi Eric

I have 14 bind dimmers for 3-ways, 4-way etc circuits with Blue 2-in-1. Should I wait with the update to 2.17 (based on previous posts)?

Vladi

Yes, I would recommend to wait.

1 Like

I haven’t been following the thread closely and am a bit confused, so I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere… why does the new firmware for the dimmers have stuff about fan speed control?

1 Like

Enables binding to the new fan canopy module.

We did find a bug in 2.17. Trying to get a new version before the weekend, but I will have to see.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, This bug affects Z2M users? Thanks.

Recently updated to 2.17 and now there is no longer a ‘up_double’ or ‘down_double’ action listed in HA via Z2M. Held, release, triple and config taps are listed. What do I need to do to re-enable the double actions? Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if that bug is directly causing your issues, but you may want to wait for the next release.

1 Like

Any updates to the bug fix? :slight_smile: