Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN

Is there anyone else who is unable to start the firmware update on their Hubitat?

I have previously not encountered any issues, but today I installed a new switch that has version 2.08, and now nothing seems to be working.

I’ve done several firmware updates in the past without issue. Are you seeing errors in your log?

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli Hi, still wondering about 2.15 for ZHA… https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/firmware-zha.json is still unchanged at 2.08.

Also, the top post mentions 2.15, but doesn’t list what changed.

1 Like

Refer to the firmware change log.

@EricM_Inovelli on 2.17 dimming speeds are not working properly. They’re inverted in a two switch binding. I am also losing connection between the switches on 2.17 where it was fully stable on 2.15. Something doesn’t seem right with this release.

I replied in the other thread, but please try to do a factory reset. There may be corrupt configuration data with all the configuration additions.

1 Like

Following.

I am an HA user with Z2M. I just got the update notification, but I have not updated it yet.

I think I am going to pause it for Z2M as we do a little more testing today. The update has been available on Hubitat for a few weeks so I thought it was good to go. My initial tests are showing consistent results for the different speed settings, but I am updating another switch to test them in Switch to Switch 3-way.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli Hi Eric

I have 14 bind dimmers for 3-ways, 4-way etc circuits with Blue 2-in-1. Should I wait with the update to 2.17 (based on previous posts)?

Vladi

Yes, I would recommend to wait.

1 Like

I haven’t been following the thread closely and am a bit confused, so I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere… why does the new firmware for the dimmers have stuff about fan speed control?

1 Like

Enables binding to the new fan canopy module.

We did find a bug in 2.17. Trying to get a new version before the weekend, but I will have to see.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, This bug affects Z2M users? Thanks.

Recently updated to 2.17 and now there is no longer a ‘up_double’ or ‘down_double’ action listed in HA via Z2M. Held, release, triple and config taps are listed. What do I need to do to re-enable the double actions? Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if that bug is directly causing your issues, but you may want to wait for the next release.

1 Like

Any updates to the bug fix? :slight_smile:

I’ve been testing it (2.18) this week and so far so good. @SamJWard also has been testing it for a couple days and it has resolved the issues that he came across. @SamJWard things still working ok for you?

I’ll plan on releasing it on Monday as long as we don’t run into anything.

6 Likes

So far so good. :slightly_smiling_face:

HA changed how legacy attributes are used. You need to change your automation to use state triggers instead and manually type those in. They will not show up under the drop-down. This issue is not firmware related. It is Z2M / converter / HA related.