Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN

yeah, i remember the inductive nature of certain florescent transformers being an issue earlier in the thread. LED drivers are likely solid-state but i would still double-check with the seller.

1 Like

I can’t get my switches to update past 2.08. Z2M on HA. Anyone have a solution?

I seem to recall that 2.14 may have been pulled temporarily due to some possible heat issues it was causing. Don’t quote me on this.

Yes, 2.14 was pulled. So unless you had upgraded to it before it was pulled, you are at the current release. Wait for 2.15.

1 Like

Have there been rumors as to when we might expect 2.15?

When can we receive a newer firmware then 2.08? I am having many issues that seem to have been solved in other releases. 2.13, 2.15 2.16, any of them would be great!

I recently bought 15 or so blue switches, 10 aux switched, pre-ordered the mmWave and a bunch of the fans.

I’ll take heat issues or other issues for the other fixes that exist. Let me know what I can do to test!

2.08 is pretty bad as far as connectivity and stability.

That being said, I hope 2.15 comes out soon as well.
Most of mine are on 2.14 and have been working very well.

As a home assistant user, how can I get a firmware beyond 2.08?

2.14 was pulled from production. Whenever @EricM_Inovelli releases the next update you’ll see it in z2m.

Even the versions between 2.08 and 2.14 are unavailable?

I use ZHA and know how to do OTA updates using ZHA, but that can sometimes require downloading the firmware manually. Was wondering if there’s a location for downloading manually.

There weren’t any published versions between 2.08 and 2.14. Their ftp is the best place to find published firmwares.

https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/VZM31-SN/Beta/

3 Likes

Ahh okay I understand, thank you for clearing that up.

Any update on 2.15?

4 Likes

Did anyone save the 2.14 firmware? I would want to update my switches that I haven’t setup yet to 2.14 because it included a lot of features… if anyone saved it that would be great then I could just use a local directory to flash it with home assistant.

2 Likes

@EricM_Inovelli, I don’t know if this is something that anyone else has noticed in 2.14 and is being addressed for the next release, but I have one dimmer where I keep changing the default local on level to 254, and that seems to work for a while but keeps eventually reverting to 255 (which I notice when I turn the light on and it’s dim).

The default remote on level has reliably remained at 254 as programmed.

I’m seeing this too in 2.14. I also have a switch at 2.08 which shows this behavior. For switches with binding, enabling bindingOffToOnSyncLevel seems to help.

This is something I have seen as well.

I just added a few more switches that I received to my mesh and once they were added my network went to hell. They are currently on 2.08 and was hoping to at least get them to 2.14, but can’t since the firmware was pulled.

I ended up adding more switches at the same time as I upgraded to 2.14 and had a significant drop in my mesh’s stability. I’ve done several things to improve the stability including:

• Moved my Zigbee channel to 25 instead of ZHA’s default of 15. This reduced interference with WiFi.
  • Upgraded my coordinator from a HUSBZB-1 to a Sonoff E.
  • Added a cable extender to add some distance between my coordinator and the computer it as connected to.

All of these slightly improved the mesh. It didn’t solve all the problems, but the mesh got better.

On the bright side, I’ve been beta testing 2.15 and it appears to have improved my mesh. With all of the changes and the new firmware, I’ve gone from a high failure rate to almost a zero failure rate. My LQI numbers have significantly improved.

If you are running Home Assistant and ZHA, I would recommend installing zha-network-card, which will help you monitor your network.

1 Like

I’m having similar issues, lights are taking around 1 minute to respond.
I already switched to channel 25, after spoofing multiple wifi networks around my area, 25 seems the one that no one was using, my 2.5ghz is in channel 5
I already have an extension cable for the sonoff E
issue started around a week ago. I already restarted and still have same issue. all my switches are on 2.14 (I think they got updated automatically via zha)
hopefully 2.15 gets released soon and get rid of my issues, but meanwhile… how can I try the beta version?