Blue Series 2-1 Firmware Changelog | VZM31-SN

Literally as I posted this the device updated. LOL. Thank you.

1 Like

I paired my blue switch back to smartthings after having updated firmware using HA.

Now none of the routines involving scenes and button presses will trigger on that switch. I’ve confirmed the switch paired to smartthings as I can control though smarthings app and voice (Alexa) and it was rediscovered as the original device.

Any ideas? Routines all look good. Also it looks like it added back with the original settings on the app, ie… Dimmer mode, but the device itself seems to have all default settings (ie. Set to on/off mode) . Is there a way to “push” a refresh of settings from the hub to the switch on smartthings?

1 Like

Is there a thread on the ST community where we can tag along?

@sdbigio There is a “bind” command that is executed when the device is first added that needs to be ran again after the device has been factory reset. I’ll work on adding that to the driver as well as the ability to re-send the configuration options.

@Mith This is the only thread that I see mentioning it in the SmartThings community. [ST Edge] Is it possible to upgrade device’s firmware using OTA? - Developer Programs / Writing Edge Drivers - SmartThings Community

1 Like

This should be fixed in the latest ST Edge driver release. It should automatically be pushed out to your hub within a few hours. Still working on the other request.

Edit: I also have the fix to reconfigure the parameters after you re-include it (after a factory reset). I am just doing some testing on it and I will try to push it tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Let me know if you need someone to test out in the wild.

Thank you it looks like another Inovelli customer posted. I added my own comments. At least publicly it sounds like they have no idea

Suggest also opening a ticket. You can email [email protected]… Putting some pressure on wouldn’t hurt most likely.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli Can a configuration parameter be exposed to allow the switch to operate as an end device rather than a router or set to default to an end device for devices with bad IEEE addresses. That would allow those of us with defective switches to keep using them without damaging the mesh.

Probably best to default to an end device for those with bad IEEE addresses so the user doesn’t have to do anything.

4 Likes

Ok I must be missing something. I have a ble switch I am trying to update the firmware on as it shows its on 2.00, my drives is 2022-11-05.

I thought all I had to do was click on update firmware on the device details page in Hubitat.

Nothing ever happens.

1 Like

Take a look in the logs. Open a second tab with the logs so you can switch back and forth to see what is logged after you double-click the button.

Double click the button.

2 Likes

@sdbigio Blue Series 2-1 SmartThings Edge Changelog | VZM31-SN - Switches / General Discussion - Inovelli Community

1 Like

Fantastic. Thank you!

LOL. Guess i thought it was faster. It is now updated now that i relook at it.

1 Like

In a future firmware update, is it possible to get a countdown timer on the led bar based on a lights auto timeout feature? I have a few switches were I utilize that and would love to be able to see roughly how much time is remaining before it shuts off.

4 Likes

@EricM_Inovelli any thoughts on this? I think it’s a doable solution but if it’s not at least it was considered.

It would stop the flood of “my blue destroyed my mesh” and likely prevent a significant number of blues from ending up in landfills.

That is a cool idea. Are you thinking of a “blinking level” gauge like what is shown during a firmware update or do you have something else in mind?

@Dan001 I’ve checked with the engineer and unfortunately, they have said it is not allowed on the protocol stack and that the device cannot be an end device. I’ll try to get some additional clarification, but so far it isn’t looking good.

3 Likes

I would imagine similar, but counting down (full bar on, then percentage of LEDs turned off as it counts down), top to bottom. One thing I would request is to ensure that if the top button is pressed during the countdown, the timer resets and LED bar resets.

1 Like

Harjms said it well. Blinking would be ok, but I’d prefer for it to be solid and countdown almost like an hourglass. The switch I’d like to use it on is setup as an on/off, so the LED is always fully illuminated.

3 Likes