Blue Series 2-1 Signal / Routing / Performance Issue Troubleshooting Thread

I believe the intent is both the ieee number and a picture of the qr image for each of the switches (either at the switch or the little sticker that has both listed is my understanding).

Same here, if we get to keep them I’ll actually have enough to replace every switch in my house which would be sick!

16.1 is the trick - I manually recreated on 16.0 and it still crashed (side note: typing regex on a phone is no fun)

After upgrade to 16.1 yours and my new one worked.

Slightly tweaked version that will save a pic if it is in one of the bad ranges:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/612beede564a400093426c6092e2ce5b

27/30 bad from Inovelli
0/7 bad from ZWP

Side note: @Eric_Inovelli 3 of 7 individuals have damaged packaging and one of the 10 packs (fine on the outside but the cardboard was damaged on the inside on the individual and plastic packaging cracked on the 10 pack). No damage to the switches but might be something you want to keep an eye on.

2 Likes

It’s a little of both. Some of my switches are from the affected IEEE addresses and they have generally low signal quality (or won’t connect at all).

Regardless of LQI or if they’re in the affected address group, devices don’t want to route through them.

My bulbs drop off the network or fail to respond to commands despite having line of sight to a switch with a “good” address and a high LQI. I’ve noticed that if I reboot the bulbs by switching the blue off and on again that after a few seconds they usually all respond again but after some times passes they drop out again. I think maybe they’re only routing through the blue for a little while after startup but then drop the route for some reason.

1 Like

What kind of bulbs?

2 Likes

Sengled zigbee 3.0 E21-N1EA, see this thread for more detail

I didn’t get the email. I also didn’t get the shipping update emails, but it didn’t really matter since I could monitor the status here.

I can just use the form posted in this forum, assuming that’s the actual form being used.

If I didn’t get it, there probably are others. Is there any chance you’re just sending these emails to your marketing list, which would only include those who opted in to marketing emails?

Just scanned my 30 switches, thanks for the iOS shortcut!! That made this a fairly painless process. Only 28 of the 30 are affected, I can install 2 of them!! Trying to be positive…

So I had sengled bulbs before. I actually just replaced them all. Sengled stuff is generally solid but there are known issues with bulbs not liking certain devices. We saw this before with ZHA when there were routers based on TI zstack. I am fairly certain it happens with other hardware combos too. I’ll see if I can find other reports. Latest ZStack router firmware with ZZH, throwing MTORR error and triggering NWK changes · Issue #267 · Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware · GitHub Adding certain devices would cause huge floods of network conflicts followed by devices dropping. We invested a good chunk of time into this and the main commonality was sengled bulbs.

2 Likes

The 2.05 firmware? the Blues already have a firmware update? How do I update?

1 Like

Are you using ZHA or Z2M? And yep, technically 2.06 is out now too.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the INNR binding issue is not fixed – I just re-installed some 04’s and 94:DE’s and updated all of them successfully to the 2.05 firmware on Hubitat (also using latest available HE driver).

All switches have been installed for a couple hours, and one of my 94:DE has binded itself to at least one nearby INNR 224 plug.

I’m not using any zigbee-binding setups with any of my Blues and I don’t have the binding app or original binding driver installed anymore (I cleared those out and reset my Hubiat database since then, so any dregs of those should be long gone).

I’ll posted this info in the firmware thread too.

3 Likes

I’m using ZHA in HA. I don’t see any notification for firmware updates

If you enabled the provider in zha config in configuration.yaml they happen transparently in the background

1 Like

I had Sengled bulbs and they were a total mess after I installed the Blue 2-1switches. They just refused to route through the switches. The bulbs would lock up any not respond unless I reset them. Replaced them with Innr and they work flawlessly in with the Blue in smart bulb mode. In all fairness I’ve always suspected Sengled were not the best quality.

Like @dmulcahey mentioned, you’ll just need to follow the configuration guide if you haven’t already. Once it’s in, restart HA and they’ll happen automatically, or you can tell it to check for an update by issuing the command in that section as well.

If you have logs set low enough, you should see progress in system logs, otherwise you’ll also have a progress bar on the switch itself that will get progressively brighter until it’s done.

2 Likes

1 Like

Perfect! This is exactly what I needed. Thank you. I will go configure it now.

These are 0201!

When I read this I got excited … I had re-soldered lots of 0402 in the past. Hard but doable.

0201 is definitely a different category …

That’s why if you’re going to attempt this, I’d suggest doing the bridge method with a ball of solder instead. At least for a temporary solution. One of my affected switches improved by 20 RSSI.

1 Like