Blue Series 2-1 Signal / Routing / Performance Issue Troubleshooting Thread

Lucky. No confirmation here and I sent them all in on Nov 7th.

1 Like

Frustrated about this whole situation. Purchased 60 of these darn things. Only 9 of them are outside of the IEEE range. We are building a new home and now we can’t go any further. Now to hear that confirmation e-mails were sent out but I didn’t receive one even after spending 3 hours to scan all the QR codes. Now to find out pictures of the QR’s need to be sent instead. I wasted all that time for nothing. I’m about to give up. :cry:

This situation is frustrating.

1 Like

I know the whole situation is frustrating for all parties involved, but take a deep breath and re-read the last part of Eric’s last post here (just a few posts up)… He said that emails are still in the process of being sent out, and that if there was an issue with any of the submissions, he’ll be contacting you to resolve it.

Just because some of us got an acknowledgement already doesn’t mean we’re getting replacements any sooner. I only had 3 borked switches, so mine was probably easy to process quickly and get off the pile.

1 Like

I did read the message in its entirety. What I gathered from it is that if you didn’t receive an email yet it means that there is something wrong with the submission. If you knew just how tedious and painful scanning each QR code was you would better understand my frustration. Originally, they sent out a tool that allowed you to scan the QR’s yourself and paste that information in the form. This is what we did. We scanned all of them which took many hours as we had to separate the ones that were good from the ones that were not. Then we sent all the data via the form and the link on the form. Now another user here stated that pictures of the QR codes were required and that may be why we didn’t receive an email. To send 60 UHD images would be over 500MB - 1GB from today’s newer phones. Even worse - to go through this process all over again just to take pictures of an already-scanned QR is just not what I want to spent my time doing after already dedicating quite a bit of time to it the first time around.

I’m glad it worked out for you and you received your e-mail, but you don’t understand the time we dedicated only to find out we need to spend more time on this. I have no problems sending the bad switches back or all of them and receiving a completely new shipment of 60 if it’s a trust thing, but to take pictures of 60 and do this all again - I’d rather not.

Did you keep the boxes? I literally took all QR codes from the stickers from within the boxes and stuck them to a 8x11 sheet. I took a photo of said sheet (30 QR codes) and submitted it. Obviously it was easy for me because I didn’t throw anything away.

2 Likes

Some of the switches I received did not even have the QR code tag underneath them in the box. I kept the boxes though, but even the ones that did come with the QR code tag - I no longer have them together with the switches, but instead I have them in a box all mixed up due to going through this process the first time. We scanned the QR codes, we didn’t take pictures of them. Originally I thought that this is what they wanted, because they sent the tool out that does it.

Edit: I had bad information from another user here who said the QR code picture was required, but after re-reading the form it states “and/or”.

You’re not going to get any sympathy from other users here, we all have the same frustration. Scan the QR codes, copy paste. 5 mins for 20 switches. Lay out the stickers and take 1 or 2 pictures. Done.

First off: Sympathy isn’t what I’m asking for.

Second: You don’t have the same frustration. (Depending on how many switches)

Third: Not all my switches came with the stickers as I mentioned above.

Fourth: Taking 60 pictures after scanning 60 QR codes for no reason is just a waste of time.

Don’t be a jerk, not all of us have so much time on our hands like you do. I put the effort forward the first time literally on the day the first e-mail went out, but then to be told the process changed and now they need pictures of all 60… no, just no. Half of my switches didn’t even come with the QR code stickers so it wouldn’t be possible anyway.

Edit: I was given bad information from a user here about the QR code sticker requirement. After re-reading the form it says “and/or”.

Again. I have no problems sending these all back and receiving a new shipment of 60 if that’s what they want to do. At this current time I have them separated. I have 9 good switches and 51 bad ones out of the 60, but if it’s a trust issue I have no problem sending all 60 back, both good and bad and just have them send another 60.

The QR code on the switch itself is exactly the same as the QR code that (for most) was included in the boxes, I believe.

If you’ve already scanned all the codes, all you have to do is take pictures of the switches themselves, and you already have them in a box right? If it takes you 30 seconds to take a picture of each switch, you’re at 30 minutes total for all your switches. Hope you can find some time soon!

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s not all. Since I no longer have the records I sent via the form, I now would have to re-do all that too. So I have to start completely from scratch. If it was that easy I’d do it, but again 30 minutes is still more time spent on top of the 3+ hours I have already spent, and it’s doubtful it would only take 30 minutes anyway. Images on an iPhone are HEIC and each would need converted to an acceptable format as well as to bring the size down and be accepted by the form upload. As an example, 60 photos = roughly 1.4 GB+ of data on the iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max.

I didn’t say this before because it wasn’t relevant, but I also had 43 switches installed professionally which costed roughly around $3,200 USD. Now they had to be taken back out which I did most myself to save on cost. Not fun.

Jesus, $75 a switch for install? Man I’m in the wrong business.

If you’re local, I’ll do it for $25.

6 Likes

I wish you were around before I spent the money lol.
Yes, many electricians charge quite a bit because “it’s a pain and time consuming”.
I did shop around and that was sadly the lowest I was able to find in my area of PA.

2 Likes

@SamJWard - it’s going to be ok I promise. I remember your name. I will check on this first thing in the morning.

If I remember correctly, I think I flagged yours bc you said in one of your submissions that you had 50 of 60 that we’re defective so rather than scanning them, you preferred to just send them all back. Then in a separate submission you provided all the numbers so I was going to email you to see what you wanted to do. (NOTE: this may not be you but I’m pretty sure it was?)

3 Likes

I have 100 switches for a large remodel. Out of that there are 96 switches that are in the bad range. My electrician and I decided to install and then I can change them out when the new ones show up as it is a couple of screws and put the wires in the same place. He is also so impressed with the switches that we may figure out a way to fix the antenna on the others and install at his house with full knowledge of the possible issues.

I’m sorry, but I really fail to see the issue here. You seem to be complaining for the mere joy of complaining.

You’ve already stated that you took them all out, that you have them separated, and that you have them in the box. You’ve yet to explain why it would be so hard for you to take a UHD picture of each full box of defective switches which would easily be zoomable to get each individual QR. I don’t see why you haven’t done this already and submitted a new form that just says “here are the pictures related to my last form which you will be able to match up via email” and be done with this. The pictures are uploaded to Google Drive so the size of them isn’t really relevant.

With the time you’ve spent on here complaining into the void about it, you could have done it already. Sorry to hear about the wasted money on the install but that’s about the only piece I feel for you on, life is what you make it, and you seem to like making it hard.

Hello Eric,

That was my first response to the form during the frustration of having to remove them from walls, lol.
I sent a second response shortly after with the actual scans.

I wanted to go ahead and have only the 51 sent if that’s the easiest route for you.

Final count was 9 good, 51 bad.

Maybe you’re right that some of it may be venting, but complaining wasn’t my core reason for the posts. I understand that things happen and sometimes when a bunch of bad things occur in a short period of time it causes an exaggerated stress response. (This alone is not the only thing I’m dealing with, building a house is not easy when problems come up daily.)

And if it was up to me, my life wouldn’t be hard, lol. Things happen.

Yes, just double checked - somehow my memory served me well this time lol.

Ok, I will mark it down as 51 replacements then and consider this post my email confirmation if that’s ok? Thanks for your patience and understanding. I know this is frustrating, it is for us too :confused:

I definitely have way better things to do than input 1000’s of names/IEEE’s into a spreadsheet and manually check them. Ugh… Sucks.

But I appreciate everyone’s willingness to work with us on verifying everything, it’s been relatively smooth.

6 Likes

Eric,

Thank you again for your quick response. Yes, whatever is easiest for you guys works for me.
Was the information I sent enough, or did you still need pictures of the QR codes on the switches themselves?
I didn’t want to do the wrong thing either. I know it’s probably more of a pain for you guys than me and my intention was to make it easy on you guys, but it seems I have failed to do that.
The first submission I apologize for, I over-reacted at the time and thought maybe a full replacement order would make more sense for everyone, but then I realized it may be more work for you guys to separate good from bad so I did that and sent a second submission with that information in it.
At the time of the second submission, I must have missed the QR code picture part somehow and used the tool instead to scan them thinking that’s what was needed.

If you need anything further from me to make the process easier for you just let me know.

And yes, that is fine for the e-mail confirmation question.

P.S.: In case you did need them, I added the QR code stickers to the vzm31snreplacement link.
Thankfully I did have the stickers for the bad ones. For whatever reason some of the good ones didn’t have stickers underneath the switch in the box. Not a big deal as I can scan the one on the switch to get the info.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Ok, stupid move question. Does anyone know what resistor value R2 has? On my first attempt at the 90% fix I shorted out the R1 and R4 pads but realized I had a huge solder blob over R2. When I removed the solder blob, the resistor was gone.