Blue series brightness level reported incorrectly in home assistant

Hey there :wave:! I am having an issue with the blue switch that I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing.

I use Home Assistant and have configured my switch so that the on-level is set to 254. This means that when the switch us turned off and back on again, it will be maximum brightness regardless of whatever level was set to before. This functionality works great. However, in home assistant I noticed that the brightness value is shown incorrectly. For example, if I do the following…

1. Turn switch on
  2. Adjust brightness to 50%
  3. Turn switch off
  4. Turn switch on

I observe that the light brightness that I see in the room is maximum (as expected). But in the home assistant UI, the brightness is reported as 50% still.

I have several red switches configured the same way and they work as expected, and also report correct brightness values. So I wonder if it is a bug in the firmware?

One other thing i want to mention is that the steps I outlined above are using the home assistant UI 100% (remote control).

I tried the same test using the switch itself and found another strange issue. If I adjust the brightness to 50% by holding the paddle down and releasing. Then turn off the switch and turn it back on, the brightness is restored to 50% – ignoring the on-level setting i had set in home assistant. I suspect this is a related issue, because in that case the reported brightness is accurate since it was restored to it’s last brightness.

Upon inspecting the switch parameters in the manual I found that there are two settings for default level:

• Default Level - Local
  • Default Level - Remote

But the setting in the home assistant UI is called “On level” and there is only one. So I suspect that this setting is not setting both parameters correctly.

It seems that the home assistant UI was built with an attempt to simplify the parameters. But I think it would be better to have a 1 to 1 mapping of settings from the listed parameters to the ones shown in the device configuration.