Blue Series Cyan, Blue, Yellow, relay click

By default it secures power to the whole switch (load, radio, etc…)

For testing line vs load, pull the air gap and whichever TERMINAL remains powered with respect to neutral (~120VAC on multimeter), that is your LINE.

1 Like

@kreene1987 this was great advice and now I know how to detect the LINE. Thanks!

1 Like

Yep. I’m an idiot. I had the line and load reversed.

1 Like

Lol, happens to us all. Glad you got her fixed. Please mark a solution if you haven’t yet!

I’m having this same issue. In home assistant I turned the relay off as well and the lights cycling with the clicking has all stopped. Why does this seem to fix the problem? Should I swap my load and line wires? I wired it as done originally on the previous switch, does that mean the electrician did it wrong but it didn’t make a difference on a dumb switch?

When an Inovelli is installed, it is crucial to properly identify the conductors. The line should be identified by testing the unconnected connectors using a meter, testing between the hot and neutral or hot and ground, depending if the connection is a neutral or non-neutral.

I can’t say based on changing parameters if the switch was installed improperly. However, if there is any question that it was, I would pull the switch and test the conductors to properly identify which is the Line and which is the Load. Two users in this thread had the Line and Load reversed, so since you are experiencing the same issue, I would pull the switch and test to properly identify the Line.

That being said, you should not arbitrarily swap the Line and Load conductors. Test, and if it’s incorrect, fix it.

To add to Bry, dumb switches can be wired however they want and it isn’t that the electrician did it wrong. Manufacturers will move the common/line around on dumb switches. Black screw on dumb switches is usually your line/common.

It autosenses Neutral/non-Neutral. It does not autosense Line/Load

1 Like