Blue Series SmartThings Edge Changelog | VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN

Sorry, tried to find reference to this but what is single Notification capability? Also I see single pole sine wave has appeared as an option. Can you comment on use case for that? Thanks

This was to address the chopped sine wave issues causing dimming bulbs issues. Sine wave has more peak to peak to it in the next firmware update. Only works in single load though.

So, this should help bulb with bulb flickering?

Yes, but full sine wave is on/off only. They did make dimming improvements as well.

Potentially. It should help, but still depends on the type of bulb. The sine wave will help those who use the switch as an on/off switch, but should help dimming (I think). The other changes coming should also help dimming as @stu1811 mentioned.

Ty. I am only seeing sine wave option on certain blue switches oddly. Two switches both on the same 2.08 firmware, same driver #, both on/off and only one shows the option? Any ideas?

Not sure. Iā€™m not seeing it in mine. Did you add the one switch recently?

In any event, itā€™s not going to work on that firmware. Youā€™ll need 2.11, 2.12 maybe.

2.08 is the latest on the ftp. I donā€™t think the others are approved yet.

1 Like

Yep, it seemed strange that those settings would be in a driver for firmware not yet released. I donā€™t see them in mine and the poster only sees them in some, so who knows.

1 Like

Maybe the driver got pushed and he did a reconfigure or added a new switch? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes these are new switches just added.

That would do it re adding new. Quirks (drivers) in ZHA are built into HA, so if you update to a newer HA version and the switch uses the same signature it may end up having more settings show up, as in this situation.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using smartthings but perhaps the result is the same.

Ah yeah, thatā€™s what this thread is, isnā€™t it? It may be, Iā€™m not certain how the Edge piece works, apologies for the noise here :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s ok. From lurking around here I infer I might be one of only a very few users of smartthings lol. Thanks for your help anyway!

1 Like

March 28, 2023

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli just wondering if the 2.14 features are yet accessible in the latest edge driver? Or when they will be? TY

Iā€™m pretty sure I did a couple days ago. Iā€™ll update the top post.

@EricM_Inovelli Your right!. TY. Something odd, two of my newly added switches seem to have the firmware version below and have new features:

But the rest have the same, and donā€™t show the new features. All are running on 2. 014:

Any ideas? I have tried multiple reboots of hub and switches, plus re adding switches. The only thing I havenā€™t done is delete and re add but only because that will delete all routines and scenes

That is very strange. If you go into the different devices some of them have the new config options but some donā€™t? Even though they are using the same driver version?