Blue Series SmartThings Edge Changelog | VZM31-SN, VZM35-SN

@EricM_Inovelli Yes exactly. I just deleted a switch and re-added and that seems to have forced the driver to show the new fields for that particular device. But that results in all programming and routines being deleted so not really sustainable to do multiple times. Also makes the resending Config Option sort of pointless since you have to create a brand new device.

Are you seeing the same behaviour?

If you are going to remove a device that is included in a Routine, create a placeholder virtual device and insert that into the Routine before deleting the ā€œrealā€ device. Since the Routine will still have a device associated with it, it wonā€™t get deleted.

Great workaround. TY. Though still laborious if you have many routines. I guess Iā€™m just wondering why this edge driver release requires deleting devices fully first before re adding in order to get access to new features from 2.14. Prior driver updates seem to push automatically and new fields would just show up. Is this a bugā€¦maybe?

Honestly I think this might be something to ask ST support. I guess you could install the smartthings-cli tool and check the logs on the hub to see if anything strange is happening. It isnā€™t something that I have seen, but it seems like the app isnā€™t refreshing the options in the settings page even though they have been updated. It also might be just a matter of waiting . . . or clearing cache (and or data) from the ST app and trying again.

@EricM_Inovelli, just wanted to flag what @mamber describes as a scaling issue, assuming it might need a driver fix. TY

Just wanted to circle back on this one ā€“ I believe this is the ability to mimic our Gen 2 On/Off switches which had a single LED (instead of the long bar like the dimmer had).

1 Like

April 25, 2023

• Fix scaling issue for param 55 & 56.

TY. Seems to work perfectly now.

1 Like

January 17, 2024

Adding settings options for firmware 2.17+ of VZM31-SN

Where can I find the 2.17 firmware? I didnā€™t see it on the GitHub. Iā€™d be happy to beta test it out!

It is still in testing, but I will post when it is ready to go!

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli
2.17 firmware has a few issues.

Current issues:
-Losing connection between switches in a group. (Did not happen on 2.15)
-Dimming speeds are inverted or random in a two-switch or more binding. (Did not happen on 2.15)

P.S. I think the lost connection is due to the dimming issue with them not being synchronized anymore.

Can you please try a factory reset? There may be corrupt configuration data with all of the configuration option additions. Iā€™m a little confused on the first issue. What is the behavior you are seeing in the group?

I did a factory reset as well as wipe it out entirely and re-pair. Same issue. Connection issue isnā€™t really a connection issue. The dimming speeds arenā€™t matching the settings. For example, I have it set to turn the light on fast, but dim slower when turning it off. Itā€™s doing the opposite, and randomly, itā€™ll do both fast or both slow. When this happens, both switches freeze and stop responding for 1 minute or so.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a connection issue, itā€™s a programming issue where something is going wrong in the firmware and itā€™s waiting for something to happen or something is crashing.

Thus far though, the dimming speeds donā€™t match and thatā€™s the most obvious problem.

Hey can you share what you have the parameters set to so I can try to replicate it?

On both switches I have the same settings.

dimmingSpeedUpRemote - 10
dimmingSpeedDownRemote - 25
dimmingSpeedDownLocal - 25
rampRateOnToOffRemote - 25
rampRateOnToOffLocal - 25

Everything else as far as dimming goes is default.

This is a SmartThings thread and I THINK @SamJWard is on HA/Hubitat. On which hub are you seeing the adverse behavior?

So if @Eric_Inovelli tests on SmartThings, that may not have the same behavior as it would under HA or Hubitat.

Yes, this does not appear to be a SmartThings issue ā€“ I just tested it and everything works as intended. Letā€™s keep this in a Home Assistant or whatever youā€™re using @SamJWard thread (if there isnā€™t one, would you mind creating one?)