COMING SOON: Note - you were redirected here from the QR Code. We’re targeting end of February 2021 and we will backdate your order to include it in the rewards points. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!
If you don’t already love us, hopefully this will push you over the edge lol!
We’ll be launching a rewards program likely at the end of September or early October (we are developing it right now and have paid for the service).
What we’d like is your input on ideas around how to earn points. I’ll outline the details below around how we believe it will work (subject to change) as well as ideas we have to earn points.
Initial Rewards Idea (We've Revised Below)
Initial Post - Updated Program at the Bottom
- Encourage Community Interaction (helps us cut down ticket load)
- Education of our Products: installation, usage, etc (also helps us cut down ticket load as well as share what these products can do, which hopefully increases future purchasing and loyalty bc they’re flipping cool products)
- Increase Brand Loyalty
- Reach New Households (hopefully the word will be spread about the loyalty program and this will give people who are on the fence a reason to purchase or intrigue people who have never heard of us)
- Direct traffic/sales to Inovelli.com (USA) or Aartech/Inovelli.ca (Canada) – our margins are way higher when products are purchased through our site, so we’re trying to persuade people to buy direct (or in Canada’s case, we want to make sure our partnership with Aartech is a good one)
This will work similar to Chase Rewards, Marriott, etc where you earn points and those points can be cashed in for product, services, merch, etc. There will be various Tiers as some things are easy to do, whereas others are harder. It will be tied directly into our website, so no separate sites to go to (yay).
Ideas to Earn Points
This is what we’ve come up with so far – we believe they should be possible as most of our platforms have open API’s, but we’ll see.
Tier 1 = Easiest Way to Earn Points
- Like/Follow our Social Media Channels (YT, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc)
- Purchase Products via Inovelli.com, Amazon.com, Aartech, etc (Note: points will be weighted differently on Amazon as we’d prefer to have people shop at our site)
Tier 2 = Moderately Easy Way to Earn Points
- Read setup articles prior to installation (this will be an email sent to you prior to delivery) – this will apply only once per product.
Tier 3 = More Difficult Ways to Earn Points
- Unboxing videos, review videos and allowing us to post them (or posting them yourself)
- If you solve a forum topic (Note: we will monitor this and if there’s multiple solves, we can manually give points)
- Post a, “How-To” write-up with screenshots and/or videos in our, “How-To” sections in each of the
- Referral/Affiliate program (thanks @gibbor!)
I think this is pretty much all we’ve thought of so far, but we’re definitely open to as many ideas as you have.
NOTE: I know this question will come up so here goes lol – people who have purchased products before the rewards program rolls out will receive points for their past purchases (from Jan 1st, 2020 to present), but those points will expire within a certain period of time (TBD). All future points accumulated will not have an expiration date.
The reason prior points will expire is bc they were not accounted for in our prior profits and they are essentially an expense that are not reflected in our financials. However, we do want to reward those who have been loyal to us before the program started.
Looking forward to the discussion!
For reference, @Brianna_Inovelli will be leading this (I’m the backup) and has done an awesome job coordinating everything with the third party company.
Updated Rewards Program Based on Feedback
Thanks everyone for your inputs here – we have a discussion with the team tomorrow (Thursday, Sept 10) to see what all is possible. As always, this is subject to change!
Based on Feedback, here’s the latest:
There will be two parts, with the primary focus around the loyalty program and the secondary focus will be around community engagement.
Curious on your thoughts below.
Part 1: Loyalty Program
This will be tied to either Activities Completed or Purchases via Authorized Channels.
Low: 50 points
- Follow our twitter page
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow our Instagram page
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Complete your profile (held in desk account profile)
- Customer birthday (held in desk account profile)
- Click on setup links does not complete quizlet (Knowledge Base – Desk)
Medium: 100 points
- Click on setup links and complete quizlet (Knowledge Base – Desk)
- Leave us a Google review
a. 200 characters minimum
- Leave us a Website review (BigCommerce)
a. 200 characters minimum
b. Only clickable through product purchase emails to reduce fake reviews
- Recommend us on Facebook
- Referral Bonus
a. All customers get 1 referral per month
b. Assigned influencers receive unlimited referrals
- Surveys to the community
- Solve a question in the community
a. When question is marked as solved the solver would receive points automatically
High: 150 points
- User Generated Content about our products
a. Community Tips & Tricks
b. YouTube video
c. Facebook page post on customer’s personal page
|Product Points||MSRP||Point Equivalent|
|Black Series On/Off||28||280|
|Black Series Dimmer||32||320|
|Red Series On/Off||35||350|
|Red Series Dimmer||39||390|
|Black Series On/Off 10pk||250||2800*|
|Black Series Dimmer 10pk||290||3200*|
|Red Series On/Off 10pk||325||3500*|
|Red Series Dimmer 10pk||350||3900*|
*Note: We are encouraging the purchase of 10pks and we’ll reward you as if you purchased 10x individual switches, even though you’ve spent less.
As of right now here’s how the points equate to USD dollars (NOTE: We will have a separate program for Canada which will equate CAD to points).
$1 = 10 Points (ie: a Black Series Dimmer’s MSRP = $32.00, so you will earn 320 Points).
$1 = .01 Points (ie: if you have 320 Points, you will have the equivalent of $3.20 USD – also, these points hold no cash value outside of trading them in for money off your order. In other words, we are not going to write you a check if you cash in your points lol).
In addition to cashing in points, you will have the ability to move up various Tiers. They are as follows (yes, lame names… we wanted to keep it similar to other loyalty programs as it’s more recognizable. However, we can be swayed):
|Newb||0 - 2499||N/A||0.00|
|Silver||2500 - 7499||Sticker, Welcome Packet, Forum Badge||1.25|
|Gold||7500 - 24999||YETI Mug w/Inovelli logo, Gold Packet, Forum Badge||1.50|
|Platinum||25000 - 99999||Inovelli Polo (Nike), Platinum Packet, Forum Badge||1.75|
|Diamond||100000+||3-Day trip to Inovelli HQ, Diamond Packet, Forum Badge||2.00|
Part 2: Community Engagement
The second portion revolves around the community and overall engagement and thank you to @Melerann for the suggestion of breaking these apart.
We haven’t fully vetted this one out, but the every month we can run data from the community that shows the following:
- Hearts Received
- Hearts Given
We can then come up with some sort of engagement metric and the top 5 will be put into a drawing for some sort of prize (swag, project named after them, etc). I’m looking into whether or not there’s more data that we can pull.
Questions for you all:
- For situations where multiple people have solved something or people randomly tag onto a thread and have their problem solved (ie: [HOW-TO] Using the Z-Wave Association Tool in Hubitat) how should we score this? I’m going to try to split topics as best as I can, but sometimes it makes sense to keep related questions in the same thread.