Coming Soon: Inovelli Rewards Program

From the moment I saw thier box, and black backplate I knew these guys were aiming to excel. Even the feel of the packaging paper screamed quality. Made me worried thier price was going to shoot up lol.

Its funny though because there is no switch zwave that does more than scene/bulb control really. I personally don’t see why there couldn’t be a zwave switch that is a touch screen, has a menu and controls multiple scenes/switches. (Maybe start with a 3 gang and work your way down in size). Or one that can operate as both a zwave and zigbee repeater instead of one or the other. (Probably there is a reason for these things that I don’t know). Or even one with a motion sensor built into it like the ecobee switch+.

100%! Though remember me when you get rich and famous.

I remember when I did a presentation at our Short term rental society and gave away a ton of secrets to oir companies marketing success, especially in standing out and being unique. At the end of the presentation some guy asked me what was keeping him from copying my business model. I told him to do it! And the reason I wasn’t worried was that I would out-work and out maneuver him into the ground if he tried to compete directly with me :slight_smile:

I love it because it is a team sport and a solo sport. Mark and Eric both want Zwave to get huge on one hand, and compete with each other on the other.

100% agree

I agree, i think he is trying to make that culture on the forums user base first, so new employees will come into a world where they are collaborators as opposed to administrators and babysitters. The example he is setting right now is from the top, rather than delegated. That’s why I say we are loyal to Eric at this time, because it’s a culture not set in stone yet, but in time will be.

So I think the loyalty program is a great way to tweak things so they can scale up new users.

I recommend this one because thier are cheap, as opposed to a voltage tester which is expensive.

Yes quite true. Even the ‘premium’ HomeSeer comes in a fairly plain printed cardboard box.

You start getting into scene controller territory. As soon as you have a touchscreen people will want to customize it and then you need something more than Z-Wave (WiFi to transfer the programming and firmware into it).
Cost is also a factor. Any of these switches usually have a single chip architecture, where the Z-Wave chip also has a low power processor and some RAM and flash and GPIO to get inputs from the paddles and drive a TRIAC or relay or whatever. ZigBee’s the same way. So for a switch to have multiple technologies and a touch screen, now you need a standalone CPU / single chip system, which then has Z-wave chip and ZigBee chip hanging off it. Or if you’re really clever and one of the chipsets is capable enough, you have one chip (Z-Wave or ZigBee) be the CPU and hang the other one on its data bus like Inovelli does with the Holtek MCU. Either way, your controller cost is double what a normal switch would cost. And most users will pick one or the other (Z-Wave or ZigBee) so half the cost is wasted.
While this is cool, do you really want to pay $150-$250 for an in wall touchscreen switch?

That said, ZigBee’s protocol is largely open, and it’s been announced that Z-Wave will be opened within the next year or so, so in the future it’s possible someone could make a single chip Z-Wave / ZigBee solution. That probably wouldn’t be Silicon Labs (as they have no desire to promote ZigBee) but someone else would. THEN you will have the dual technology switch.

Quite true. The person with more drive and perseverance usually wins.

I know this is getting closer to releasing so this post might be too late, but you should rename the Diamond level to another precious metal to keep the theme of the other levels. Mithril would be my choice.

1 Like

Or better yet, unobtainium. Lol

That’s a cool idea. Maybe Titanium though since I have no idea what Mithril is…

(I didn’t look it up but I feel like this is going to be a star wars metal and I’m going to get ripped on for not knowing that. ha ha.)

edit: just looked it up. I guess I wasn’t too far off.

Mithril is made by Dwarves. LOTR. Frodo’s chainmail is mithril.

Pssssh Mortals use Metals like Iron and gold. We need to move to the next gen: Thermonuclear isotopes.

Basic - Plutonium
Advanced - Uranium
Expert - Thorium
Master - Enriched Isotopes

That could create problems with the mail service when you mail swag, like a screwdriver, made of plutonium.

2 Likes

When someone orders 10,000 light switches, to be delivered to the nearest landfill, but is very concerned about where their reward screwdrivers are mailed to… you may want to call the FBI…

It’s probably just someone working on their flux capacitor, no worries.

1 Like

I just learned it takes 11 kg plutonium to have critical mass (that’s a sphere 4" in diameter). So a screwdriver wouldn’t spontaneously create a nuclear bomb. Might be a tad radioactive, though.

That’s critical mass on its own, right? Pretty sure the judicious use of high explosives can change that requirement…

Perhaps a new slogan, targeted at urban consumers- Inovelli: Our lighting is the bomb, yo!

The USPS motto is “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night nor radioactive shipments stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.” So I think it should work out fine!

Californium needs just 2.73kg in a 6.3 cm diameter sphere. So if Eric really wants to make this rewards program a blast he should use that for the Master tier.

I’m pretty sure if in doubt, just add more explosi-I MEAN Switches. Definitely more switches.

I guess the real question is if Inovelli will allow us to buy screwdrivers by the KG instead of by the Unit to make it easier for us.

For those of you at UL, this is not factually true or backed by any findings. Our lighting is not in any way shape or form a “bomb”.

2 Likes

I love how he puts in the disclaimer for explosives but not for potential radioactive swag.

2 Likes

But that speaks to a product issue. Radioactive swag would just be cool.

Glow in the dark swag that might give me super powers? I’m in.

2 Likes

This is why I’m voting for inovelli in the 2020 Election.

3 Likes

I want to thank you all for the input and hand the keys over to @Brianna_Inovelli in her own thread as she’s put a lot of hard work into launching this. I’m really proud of her and the passion she shows for this. While there may be things listed above that didn’t make the cut, we are working hard to integrate it in phases.

More to come here: Introducing Inovelli Rewards

As always, we welcome any feedback and we hope you like it! I’ll be closing this topic – please direct any feedback to the link above.

Have an awesome day!

3 Likes