Config button interfering with paddle operation

Thanks so much for these. They are working great in my testing of different sizes. I chose the black on white look. Mostly because I didn’t want to change out my filament.

1 Like

Be cooler with a clear configuration button with LED behind there.

2 Likes

Glad they’re working for you! Let me know if you note any changes that might be worth trying. I haven’t had a chance to do many test prints after the designing.
That black on white looks great!

Terk, Greg,

Thanks for the feedback! That’s kind of what I was expecting, but wanted expert confirmation; I didn’t want to force it, especially since they don’t have white replacements!

Here you go!

3 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli V2 suggestion.

3 Likes

I would love for a product like this. I keep hitting the config button at the same time. I tried buying a 3D printer but the wife shut it down. Anyone up for making 30 or so of these for me?

If you remove the config button and put it in a vise they file down very quickly with a flat file like

For those that don’t have a 3D printer or don’t want to modify their existing buttons, I have an alternate option here.
I created a model based on @P53’s model. It’s just a 10-pack version of it for cheaper printing on Shapeways. I tried it out. Ten buttons (1 print) cost from $6-12 depending on the finish and color you choose. I made all the options available. I only personally tried out the white premium plastic and it came out really nice.

Not sure exactly if this breaks any rules. Mods, let me know if it does or delete. Just trying to offer an option for some until there’s an official offering.

8 Likes

This is awesome man, thanks for sharing! No rules broken at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree with Eric here. Thanks so much for posting this!

I really wanted to swap out the buttons in my switches, but I don’t have the desire to buy a 3-D printer. I ordered 3 sets of buttons, enough to cover every switch in my house.

1 Like

Excellent. The more I deal with your company, the more I love it. Products, support, and community. Whatever works for your community, works for your business.
Keep doing what you do. I’ll keep buying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No rules broken! My model on Thingiverse was licensed under creative commons to include the opportunity for people to use it commercially. Did you make any adjustments @kareem613?

1 Like

I checked that first thing. No adjustments to the model itself, but I combined it into a set of 10.
Fitment should be identical.
Updated the listing with attribution. I realized I only did that here in this thread and should in the listing itself as well.

Half of these posts deserve its own Thread and made sticky IMHO. This is just awesome…

Also, if you don’t have a 3D printer but want some low-profile buttons, it might be worth checking out your local library (after the quarantine is over). My library has a 3D printer lab, and will help you print things for free.

Awesome! I just picked some up as well! Thanks!

I would like to suggest a FW change to make committing configuration changes less likely to happen unintentionally (maybe a keypress to ‘confirm’ a change?)

I had a bit of a funny issue happen (Thanks to Scott for the support and solution). I believe that a young one in the house was playing with the switch and managed to press the config button 8 times to disable the relay - it’s a stretch but I have no other explanation of how that change could have happened. I have noticed that when I show guests these switches, they all trying pressing the config button ‘just to see what it does’. My issue wasn’t based on accidental pressing. A smaller button may have helped but it’s hard to stop curious human nature.

Has anyone considered using Hubitat to trigger the light to turn on or off if the config button is pushed based on conditional? I just setup a quick rule and tested it. Works pretty good and will probably be implemented on all my Red series switches so my other half thinks she’s hitting the up button each time…