[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

@EricM_Inovelli: this happened again, I have not received an update from the USB powered sensor since Thursday.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot the issue before I try to reset and pray?

@Eric_Inovelli: any thoughts here before I have to file a warranty claim?

We have a message out to our manufacturer to look into this – @EricM_Inovelli have you heard back from them?

@Eric_Inovelli and @EricM_Inovelli: any updates on this?

There is a beta firmware that’s noted to help with sensor reporting issues ([DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60). If you haven’t already you may want to try it to see if that helps.

@Eric_Inovelli Did a support page ever get created to track known issues?

Just put one up :slight_smile: – sorry for the delay!

I am sorry to read about that.

I have 2 and like them. I wanted to buy more. The versatility of having a USB port for power is top notch. With that in mind, I wanted to buy 2 more but might be in for 4 more actually.

Keep up the good work and all the best, I hope you get your money back and the scammers get hammered by whatever law enforcement that goes after them.

1 Like

I’d like to state my eagerness to see another batch of these! I have one at the moment, and was hoping to put a few more around the house. Sorry about the unfortunate thing that happened earlier. I wonder what somebody would do with 500 of these things other than sell them, and I think that’d be a pretty dumb thing to try and do if there’s only 2000 in existence… be pretty obvious where they went lol.

1 Like

We will be bringing these back! Looks like April of 2021 with delays in timelines for everything. Huge lack of raw materials for all z-wave products being made due to the pandemic. But they will be back!

6 Likes

That is great news, I’m in for at least a few more!

What’s the trick to updating the firmware on the sensor?

In the PC Controller software, when I select the device and Node Info, I get an error that a wake up interval is not set for this device.

Pull the battery and use a USB cable and a power brick during the firmware update. Work like this when I updated mine.

The motion sensor is currently connected to power and I still get the message about wake up interval.

Tap the button next to the battery. Should wake it up.

I should have said to tap button also. hope it works for you. You may need to remove and re-include device and try immediately after include.

Figured it out, you have to wake it up at each step of the process, Wake Up -> Node ID -> Wake Up -> Get Firmware Info -> Wake Up -> Upload New Firmware.

Also, @Eric_Inovelli, the filename would make you think this firmware is v2.40. However, when loaded, the firmware displays as v2.04 (v2.03 was the original).

Version numbers 2.4 and 2.04 are, in typical software/firmware versioning, conventionally the same — it’s just a matter or whether you pad them with zeros or not. (Different software vendors may have different conventions here since lots of people see 2.4 and 2.40 as identical, but under a purely traditional approach, the latter is 36 minor versions farther into the future. The traditional approach is the one I’ve seen used by Z-Wave firmware.)

A separate but related issue is that different software that evaluates the Z-Wave Version Report (from the device) may display it differently. I think Z-Wave PC Controller pads it with zeros (the “raw” value from the device does not have them), so you’d see numbers like “2.04.” On Hubitat (my primary hub), I’ve seen most drivers that evaluate Version Reports do the same, but some don’t. Other hubs may have different conventions, and even here it’s entirely dependent on the driver (if it shows this information at all). But in either case, this just a display issue, and they’re equivalent. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any plans to add this device’s driver to the new z wave JS in home assistant?
I upgraded, but the devices did not work. I then figured out there are no drivers for this sensor.
I restored my Home Assistant to before the upgrade and got them working again.

1 Like

I have also migrated to ZwaveJS but its missing LZW60.js config

1 Like

I migrated to ZWave JS also, and home assistant picked up the devices and all 4 sensors are working properly, but the device shows as unknown in ZWave JS (obviously due to missing config as noted in the last post)