[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli Dimmer Red Series LZW31-SN

Thanks for the detailed reply. I just tried everything you suggested. I tried via Smart Lighting and via WebCoRE. In both cases nothing happened. I did a TRACE in WebCoRE and the trace did’t even see any “buttons” were pushed. I’ve tried all of this with disabling the relay. Same thing. The only way it seems to work is if I base my piston on POWER. I will factory reset the switch again (about 15x now) tomorrow. I’ll post the results.

Not working…
Annotation%202020-04-20%20185427

Working-ish…
Annotation%202020-04-20%20185427

@Prometheus_Xex Hmmm, this is starting to seem like an issue I saw when a device wasn’t properly included all the way. Can you post your Data & Raw Description info for the device that is found in the IDE?

Hello all. I don’t seems to have these buttons on my device screen. What am I missing?
This seems to be commented out in the beginning of the code?

LZW31-SN FW v1.35

Button Mappings
1 pushed - Up 1x click
2 pushed - Up 2x click
3 pushed - Up 3x click
4 pushed - Up 4x click
5 pushed - Up 5x click
6 pushed - Up held

1 held - Down 1x click
2 held - Down 2x click
3 held - Down 3x click
4 held - Down 4x click
5 held - Down 5x click
6 held - Down held

7 pushed - Config button 1x click

Button 8 was later for those that want to differentiate the button held event vs. button released event.

8 pushed - Up released
8 held - Down released

@AutomatedThoughts Which hub are you using. They are commented out to clean up the interface, but you can uncomment the necessary code if you want them to show.

They don’t need to be on the device page in order to use scenes. You just need to use the appropriate app that can perform actions on button events.

1 Like

@EricM_Inovelli using Hubitat. So if uncomment they will show up in the driver page as a button?

Yeah, exactly, but you don’t need to have them on the device page to take advantage of the scenes feature. Having the buttons available on the device page was originally intended to give you the ability to “test” scenes. I find it almost as easy to just go over to the switch and double tap, etc. to test the scenes.

Did the addition of color control, remove the tap 2x, 3x, etc…? I just got one switch installed and downloaded the driver here. https://github.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/tree/master/Drivers/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src
But I don’t see the 15 scene support. Did I get the wrong driver, or my switch not support it? Very confused for my first inovelli switch.
edit: I see them commented out in the command section of the driver. I guess I just can’t figure out how to set scenes.

Brian

@OsborneBCKK - One way I manage scenes is through rule machine.

I was just watching a video on that. I think I have one scene set, but I don’t know how to push config changes to the switch. still looking for that…

Pretty automatic. The switch will send Hubitat the how many pressed or held and Hubitat will perform the rule you assigned.

Request: Is there a way we could have access in ST to reset power (via Webcore if possible)?

I’d like to understand month to month how much we are using different lighting and by sending kwh to stream and resetting each month I think I should be able to accomplish that.

There should be the “reset” command that you can use to reset the accumulated energy statistics. It is a tile in the classic SmartThings app and you should be able to access it with WebCoRE by just selecting the reset command.

Like this?:

Note @Inovelli_Switches is a global device list corresponding to all of my switches. Easier to add once into my system that way.

Seems easy enough, will let you know. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Update: Are you guys still tracking the 3-way shutoff issue over 80% when using dumb switch as aux? Mine are still having this issue. Locked it into 80% max via WebCore but it’s still an issue as late as 1.43.

Can you tell me what the 80% issue is? I just posted in the Hubitat section that I was having an issue with one switch turning itself off. I also have it in a 3-way configuration with a dumb switch.

Basically if I set my switch in a 3 way at 100% on, after about 30 seconds the switch turns off. Switch was brand new when installed and has a VERY small load (3W registered) and is not overheating or anything.

When I set to 80% it works as expected.

Edit: Found this up top, sounds like it’s being worked on:

Load shutting off when dimmer is set at a higher level in 3-way w/Dumb switch . There is a method that the dimmer uses to detect when one of the dumb switches is toggled. At higher levels, the dimmer sometimes interprets a toggle when one does not occur. Firmware engineers are looking into this, but currently the workaround is to set the maximum level to between 80 & 90.

Thanks - mine does not turn off that quickly. I also found the thread that talks about the issue with the 3-way installation, dumb switches and lights turning off and I have added to the thread so I should get notified if there is a resolution.

One question (if you are on Hubitat or if your hub has similar access to parameters) - which parameter did you set to 80%? I set Parameter 6 (Maximum Level: The maximum level that the dimmer allows the bulb to be dimmed to. Useful when the user has an LED bulb that reaches its maximum level before the dimmer value of 99. Range: 55…99 Default: 99) in Hubitat to 80 but when I looked at the “Current States” it still showed Level as 99, so not sure if it is not sticking or if that is expected. I did turn the switch on/off (both from the hub and physical switch) after I changed the setting but still no change.

Yes, parameter 6 in my ST is 80 and it’s been working flawlessly. I actually can’t tell the difference in brightness and load is under 5W.

1 Like

Can you see the current state in ST? If so, can you tell me know what value you see for “level”?

In Hubitat, I don’t see it change and even though I set the parameter to 80, it shows 99. Not sure if what it is showing is the same as the max value but if you show 99 as well, then I will go back and set param 6 to 80 again. This is what my hub shows currently.

My understanding is that the parameter does a calculation and does percent of max setting. so 99% of 80% is 80% (ish). Level still works 1-99, but only really provides the amps for low to high (as set in applicable parameters).

2 Likes