Firmware v1.36 (Beta) | LZW36 | Fan + Light - Red Series

I was unable to try the config. I run Zwave2Mqtt through the Home Assistant add-on, which re-downloads the OpenZwave DB by default. Turning this off, I was still not able to get the new config file I moved to the database location to be saved through restarts. I am not yet familiar enough with docker to figure out this problem. Sorry…

1 Like

I did test it out and it seemed to work for me. I added the change to a pull request I submitted a while ago. They are usually pretty quick on merging my requests, but this last one is taking a while.

Just as an FYI I am working with Eric M to diagnose an issue where after install of this firmware I am losing power/energy reports. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am on ST but this seems to be firmware related.

Back on 1.31 but no power/energy reports in 12 hours still with many device state changes.

Hey,

Is this the recommended firmware right now? Just noting it’s still Beta a month later but it’s the only one I can find on the support page… seems like the previous version isn’t there anymore. Everything was fine for months, so I hadn’t touched it (still 1.31 as received from pre-order)… but just had the issue losing comms with the canopy module for the first time ever. Was thinking I would do the cycle-the-breaker trick, see if it comes back and them update the firmware… Took 3 months to happen once, so I’m sure there’ll be a beta version of another update by the time I get a feel for if it fixed the issue.

For reference… no change whatsoever to how I was using the switch, programming, settings, etc… just random lost the connection. LEDs on the switch match hubitat, can change from either and the other reflects the change - so Zwave comms seem good. Nothing on the light. Read some of the previous threads, so, also for informational purposes - not a remote fan, just a dumb pull string fan. Thank god it’s pull string… the breaker takes out a LOT of other stuff (old house, weird wiring), would have been bad if that was the only way to turn of my daughter’s light at bedtime!!

Due to the cost associated with certifying official releases, I think the only time we’ll see new ‘official’ versions is when Inovelli re-certifies for production runs.

In the meantime, once a beta has been available for a few weeks, it’s probably safe to assume it’s about as official as it’s going to get for a while.

2 Likes

I’ve also confirmed that my issue is not widespread, so I see no reason not to install the 1.36 firmware. I’d call it “stable”.

Prior to the 1.36 firmware update, one of my 4 switches frequently lost contact with the Canopy module. After the update, no problems. So the 1.36 is, at the very least, more stable than the original!

2 Likes

I can’t get my LZW36 to update its firmware. It always says, “Please wake up your sleepy device”. :thinking:. I’ve successfully updated all my Red Series 2 Dimmers. But this one always says it is sleepy.

1 Like

Is the device joined to the mesh with S2 (or any) level of security? This still seems to cause issues with firmware updates and I think “Sleepy device” is one of them.

I believe I do have it joined with security. I just got the Hubitat on Friday. So, still learning things. Am I able to just change the security? Or do I have to exclude/include?

You have to exclude and then include to change security. I haven’t tried updating with S2 on the C7. Is it a known issue not to work?

Also, you are using the binary update tool correct?

1 Like

Yeah, meant to tell you this today brotha – I tried updating some dimmer switches at my house on the C7 and they were paired with S2 and I got the, “sleepy device” error and I did it with both of Bryan’s drivers with the same result.

Excluded and Included with only S0 checked and it worked perfectly.

Good callout @kitt001!

I just excluded/included my fan/light switch, with only S0 checked. It no longer throws the “sleepy device” error, but now the updater is stuck on “Padding hex bytes…”. I am using the Hubitat Firmware Upgrade Tool.

The Log says…
dev:1022020-09-22 09:58:23.925 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method and() on null object on line 461 (firmwareStore)

I am pointing the updater to this file…
https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW36/Beta/LZW36_1.36.gbl

Hey @DragonKing, can you make sure you have this device driver installed. There are actually two versions of the firmware updater: https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-z-wave-firmware-updater/38237/860?u=bcopeland

Can you try that one and let me know if that works?

Exclude it and re-include it with none of the boxes checked… not even S0. Prior to the C7, I don’t believe even S0 was supported.

As @Eric_Inovelli mentioned, it looks like you might be using the hex updater instead of the binary one. Check the link he posted for the correct Z-Wave firmware updater.

@EricM_Inovelli, you are correct. I didn’t know what you meant by the “binary updater”, the first time. I have since tried the binary updater, and still get errors. I think I’ll wait until some of these C7 kinks are worked out.

Looks like it’s finally working! (at 55%). Used this code for the update driver…

Unpair/repair with nothing checked when it asks about S0/S2 security.

Point binaryFirmwareURL to https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW36/Beta/LZW36_1.36.gbl

fimrwareTarget: 0

A tip: Have the Hubitat log open while doing this. It is much more obvious if the process is frozen or not, when that is open.

2 Likes

Glad you got it working!

I think this is key here. I don’t think the updater supports security yet.