Firmware v1.41 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

You can do it that way, but if you used secure inclusion in HA, you will need to use your S0 key to be able to communicate with the switch. I think it is in a config file somewhere but not sure where.

If you did a nonsecure inclusion then you don’t have to worry about that.

1 Like

This is so true… There are tons of checks and balances … Even my early pre-alpha firmware updater code, I never messed up a device…

Thanks for the ideas! I did think that was odd, but did indeed find the BIN file for target 1 (and the file I downloaded was much smaller than the other; even tried it again in case the first download was corrupted but somehow still close enough to work):

And for fun, here I am trying again–still says “of 2531,” and I suspect it will get stuck there:

I can wait and see but don’t have much hope for this time around, either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d bet it’s trying to pad the end of the image to the length of the storage… Just a guess from what I have seen so far in working with these standards…

I should note that I was able to do this at home myself on two dimmers just fine, using the same software and an Aeon Z-Stick (the primary controller on my Hubitat C-3). I’m trying it above at @mrutenbeck’s house using the same software and a Zooz ZST10 S2 stick (though I should note that in all cases, nothing is joined with S0/S2 to either Hubitat or the stick when I tried that alone). I can’t imagine the stick would make a difference, but he has a few more, and I could try another stick at some point (a Nortek HUSBZB-1 is probably all I could do without messing up my own Hubitat too much :slight_smile: ).

Yep, I only secure include my locks, the rest I don’t, makes the network faster…

i will try it tonight

Make any progress here? That is so strange the packet# you are seeing. For target 1 with the .bin it has always been a few hundred packets for me.

I just gave up on it for now (but it still works — and reports 1.41 for the version number, but target 0 did succeed and maybe it only looks at that). I’ll probably try again this weekend with a different Z-Wave stick to see if it makes any difference, since that is the only difference I can think of between what I did at my own house and what happened here.

1 Like

I have tried using the Z-Wave PC gateway to update 1.41 OTA. I was able to add it to the stick using the inclusion mode in the SW but when i click on OTA and “Get” with the node selected. there is no manufacturer information returned and i am unable to select the files to upload. The node list does have [S0] security indicated.

Note: This is the second attempt - the first attempt seemed to only partially work and the identifiers being returned to my hub (openzwave) are all zeros.

I am open to suggestions on how to proceed.

You for sure have the correct S0 key? Are you able to turn on / off the device with Basic Set in the network management screen?

Also, are you using the latest version of PC Controller (5.39)?

Yes to PC Controller 5.39, regarding S0 key - i know my key and tried entering it on the security screen as an override but that did not work. hence i had to remove and add the device to get it to securely add using that controller.

Is there a place where you would like bugs to be reported for this beta? I haven’t seen many reports of bugs on here, just issues with programming. Want to make sure you’re getting the feedback you wanted for this testing.

Tried upgrading another dimmer and i’m getting stuck updating target 1 with the .bin file. @EricM_Inovelli Similar issue as @BertABCD1234 - see screenshot below

I’ll keep trying and report back.

Must be something with people named “Robert.” :thinking:

Just curious, what stick were you using? Mine was a Zooz ZST10, and like I said, I can’t imagine that this would make a difference (this same tool is also what Zooz recommends to update their firmware, and they suggest their own stick if you don’t have one; granted, different devices…), but I’m not sure what else is different for me besides the fact that these probably came from different batches of dimmers.

Must be the name…I’m using Aeotec Z-Wave stick. I’ll try again tomorrow and see what happens

I have the Aeotec Z-wave stick, and I didnt have any issues performing the firmware update. My name isnt Robert though…

2 Likes

Really strange, I just downloaded the file from our KB and flashed it.

Edit: When I used the .otz file to flash target 0 it showed 2531 packets. It is almost like it is grabbing the wrong file, but that doesn’t make sense.

I left my computer on all night trying to flash target 1 and it still get stuck. I’ve tried to reset the dimmer and then update target 1 but no dice. It is weird that your says 396 but mine says 2531 packets written. I wonder if there are different hardware versions? Any other tricks to try?

@ny_robert - Mine is like @EricM_Inovelli. I flashed all of my dimmers with no issues. I did have to move closer with the USB stick for a few of them to register, but nothing like what you’re seeing.

1 Like

Tried it with a Nortek HUSBZB-1 this time, and same results as above — a hard time applying the .BIN file to Target 1, with it appearing to report the same number of packets as the target 0 update and it ultimately not finishing. The switch reports the new firmware version and it seems to work correctly (I’m guessing target 1 is just a small part of the overall functionality?).

This time, I also had hard time even choosing the .BIN file unless I selected the .OTZ file first (everything else was grayed out). I was going to just try Target 1 first since I already had 0 successfully updated, but I had to go through that process first. Not sure if that is normal.