Firmware v1.41 (Beta) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

I will PM it to you. Let me test it first to make sure it doesn’t break anything. There will be a mismatch on the second MCU and the Z-wave firmware so I just want to make sure.

I think I am noticing this on the only LZW31-SN that I have at my house that is actually controlling a load (the rest have smart bulbs). I occasionally noticed this on the original firmware on rare occasions (not sure when — maybe when the level was set “too high”?), but I also noticed it several times per minute with 1.41. I was almost convinced it was just coincidence until I saw this post. :slight_smile: If Eric discovers that this works for him (downgrading), I’d be curious to try it, too.

1 Like

I have 30 - LZW31-SN’s still on firmware version 1.35. Mine started “flickering” after the latest Hubitat platform update to version 2.2.0.126. Only the LSW31-SN’s are affected. I have other non-Inovelli Z-Wave switched lights and Zigbee bulbs that are not.

@EricM_Inovelli I had asked in the Hubitat forums a couple of days ago but hadn’t gotten a response so I thought he would ask here…Tried the @bcopeland Firmware Updater for Hubitat and it worked great for the dimmer firmware. That said, we cannot update the LED Bar with your file and haven’t found a way to convert it to make it work. Any chance you or the Firmware dev can provide the file in a format we can use with Bryan’s tool?

-Travis

2 Likes

Is there an OTA method to update firmware using SmartThings yet?

Negative. It’s been promised since late 2018 I’m pretty sure so don’t get excited lol.

1 Like

@GavinCampbell @harjms @EricM_Inovelli

The firmware update broke one of my scene, and I suspect it has something to do with a power delivery issue (guessing the flickering is related, though I haven’t experienced it).

I have recessed lights which switch from a normal down-light to a halo light if switched off and on within 10 seconds. On the old firmware I had scenes programmed for a down press to turn the lights off, then on to a low value, and an up press to turn the lights off, then on to a high value, which was working perfectly.

After the update, it get inconsistent switches from down-light to halo. Some will switch, some won’t. It’s almost like the power isn’t being entirely cut to the lights. Same happens over z-wave control. The only consistent switching I can get is when I use the dumb-switch across the room the turn off and on.

I have the same cans in my kids bedrooms and had hoped that the fan/light combo could be programmed in this way. Glad to hear it works correctly!

Hi @Daweeze, I have checked with the firmware engineers and it doesn’t seem possible. The bootloader of the MCU requires the file to be in .bin format. The PC Controller is able to flash the bin so I wonder if Hubitat can be updated to support it.

Thanks for checking @EricM_Inovelli! @bcopeland how might we get the .bin format to work with your uploader if this file is not convertible. I see a lot of people updating their Inovelli hardware using your Hubitat App but are they just skipping out the 2nd file? Wonder what impact that might have.

-Travis

Nope… But there is on hubitat :grin:

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli @Courtney_Inovelli @anon14959390 - You should throw up an upgrade kit. USB z-wave stick, usb flash drive with controller software, paper instructions and 15 min teamviewer meeting with Eric M. to get you started. $59.95+tax.

3 Likes

Same issue with Homeseer and .bin files. Homeseer can update using .hex, .otz, or .hec. By just doing the otz file, i’m assuming we will not get the LED notification fix where it will continue after an update?

I only flashed the .otz file for all my switches and it fixed the led notification issue. In my excitement about the fix I forgot to do the .bin. EricM any chance you can explain what the .bin is for?

@flipontheradio - I believe the .bin is for the MCU processor. I think they had to push some of the code to the MCU because of how large the firmware was; there just wasn’t anymore room. But don’t quote me on that. I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so I’m a little rough.

1 Like

@flipontheradio Yep, it has some functionality for the LED bar. There is probably a serial connection between the two MCUs for them to communicate with each other. The engineers have not specified what the upgrade to the other MCU actually does, but I haven’t noticed a difference between having it or not having it. It may be something as small as “when the switch is at 75% and config parameter 14 is 0 and parameter 17 is 5 the LED bar MCU isn’t behaving like it should”. That is just a random example. I will check with the engineer to see, but my guess is it fixes some rare bug.

I’ve been on the beta firmware for a month and half now and definitely haven’t noticed anything odd so an obscure bug fix makes sense. As always appreciate you guys being so responsive and still loving the products. Harjms you’re definitely one of the many that make this community great.

1 Like

Question: The official instructions say to remove/re-add but I also see some are making this a second controller. If I want to keep all of my automations and Webcore pistons, etc. I really want to make this a second controller. Can someone give me brief instructions on how to do this?

@kreene1987 - Which hub you using?

Smartthings