Firmware v1.57 (Production) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

Can I make a simple quality of life suggestion? Name your firmware files with the target in the name.

Example: LZW31-SN_1.57 (target 0).otz and LZW31-SN_1.45 (target 1).bin

My simple brain has to triple check each time I go to update it.

3 Likes

@EricM_Inovelli if a new firmware version is released could more scene control be added to the config button? It would be nice to be able to use 2, 3, 4, and 5 config button presses as triggers to control scenes rather than only being able to use the current single config button press. From what I read in the Red 2 and 1 thread the config button will have the 1-5 button press triggers as well as hold and release. I plan on getting a couple of them to replace some other switches I have but would like to avoid paying to replace the Red Dimmers I have with the Red 2 in 1 just for the multiple config button triggers.

I’m not sure if this will be possible. For one, the manufacturer has cut ties with Inovelli and is no longer entertaining firmware updates or manufacturing new units. Also, I believe the Lee is no more room on the LZW31-SN MCU for any new features. They would have to remove some of the other features in order to fit new features in it.

I only foresee replacing the older gen 2 reds with the upcoming Red 2-1 dimmer.

Can we get this updated in Home Assistant? GitHub - zwave-js/firmware-updates: The firmware update service for Z-Wave JS at https://firmware.zwave-js.io doesn’t have this listed, and I have switches stuck on 1.35.

We’re waiting on this issue to be resolved: Restore Inovelli LZW31-SN (draft until multi-target updates are fixed) by AlCalzone · Pull Request #39 · zwave-js/firmware-updates · GitHub

Looks like they still aren’t in Z-Wave JS, which is annoying but not completely Inovelli’s fault. Looks like they Z-Wave JS folks won’t add it back until they get them a physical switch and UPS made that hard.

But I’m having issues getting the firmware from Github. When I download them from HERE they don’t pass my MD5 checksum.

certutil -hashfile .\LZW31-SN_1.57.otz MD5
MD5 hash of .\LZW31-SN_1.57.otz:
469099e640a2f4aee4bc8ff5a611d6b0

MD5 from the repo:
7ee1e4cd015f8669ff1c50a0da2caf92

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli can we get the GitRepo fixed or get the files somewhere with verified hashes? I’m still not having any luck downloading firmware from the Git.

Name: LZW31-SN_1.57.otz
Date: 9/19/2023
Size: 271 KB (277,850 bytes)

SHA-1: 6c0e6deeb0e6d080d841ec98089dd3141da1d2fa
MD5: d80cd2d07a675e0947b4e71c4a5206b7
CRC32: c15363e2

MD5 from verification file: 7ee1e4cd015f8669ff1c50a0da2caf92

2 Likes

https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW31-SN/1.57/

I downloaded https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW31-SN/1.57/LZW31-SN_1.57.otz and it matched the md5sum txt file

2 Likes

Yep, I think the Github version is hosed. I hashed the Github version and got the same MD-5 and SHA1 that @nfwolfpryde got, which do not match the published values. I hashed the files.inovelli.com version and got the proper hashes just as @stu1811 did.

So go get it from the location @stu1811 posted.

@EricM_Inovelli

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I replaced the file and the md5 seems to be checking ok now. I’m not a fan of how files are treated in github when we are wanting them to just be downloadable. Is there a different way to do it? Like, when I click on the file name it displays the contents of the file and then I right click on “raw” to download the file. Is there a way to make it just download the file in the first place instead of having it display the contents?