Firmware v1.57 (Production) | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2)

Thanks for that. I have updated the page.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I have updated the page.

I think the links got broken, the 1.57 DL link on the Firmware change log is resolving not found.

EDIT: Looks like the files are still in the /beta path, and just need to be copied to the main distro tree. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do the same for firmware updates. The problem is if/when you want to do a factory reset. This forces the device to become disassociated with the hub and requires re-inclusion.

Oops, this should now be fixed.

Updated from 1.47 to 1.57 (I know, I knowā€¦.) and I seem to have lost my multi tap functions, am I missing something?

I had all my pushes and helds setup in Hubitat and it was working fine prior to the update.

@ripdis85 - Make sure parameter 51 is not set to disable. You may want to reconfigure it by selecting another selection, save, then go back to your normally selected parameter.

Also, you may need to define parameter 50 too as 1.49 added the adjustable ms selection. Default is 700 ms.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, I needed to update the inovelli driver to the latest version and it seems to have fixed it.

2 Likes

Did this never make it to the support docs? I went to update some switches and couldnā€™t find it. Sorry if this is ask ed and answered. https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/inovelli/downloads/firmware?page=1

Iā€™ve run into a problem with both v1.57 and v1.61. Previously I was running v1.52, and I could set parameter 5 (Minimum Dim Level) on several of our lights in our house. So that when you dim the light, it doesnā€™t turn off the light at the lowest level. After upgrading to 1.57 or later, now even if I set parameter 5 to the highest value of 45, the light still turns off when I dim it down all the way. It seems like the parameter 5 is working, but not as sensitive as it used to be.

I find this creates a bit of a usability problem, as people/kids will think the switch is off, even though it is just dimmed all the way down. Because they donā€™t look at the led status on the dimmer.

I guess I will downgrade to 1.52 again, or maybe 1.48.

Take a look at this thread. It appears that there may be a trick to coax the minimum past 45.

1 Like

I donā€™t remember which version that was adjusted in, but as @Bry mentioned, in 1.61 you can increase the minimum value past 45.

Thanks. It looks like home assistant/zwave js validates it, so it wonā€™t let me set it above 45. I might try and see if they can fix that.

Shoot, yeah, it is something that got added in 1.61 I believe. If there is a way to force a value (maybe with the zwave js user interface) you might be able to try that.

The zwave JS UI worked. Thanks. Also, there is a pull request here to adjust the parameter too: LZW31-SN -allow higher minimum dim level up to 98 for FW 1.57+ by kreene1987 Ā· Pull Request #5181 Ā· zwave-js/node-zwave-js Ā· GitHub

1 Like

This isnā€™t a huge deal but came across this when trying to make my Blue Series switch behave similar to my red series.

Iā€™m trying to set the min dim setting on my lights so everything works correctly.

Iā€™m finding that ā€˜Set Levelā€™ value is not the same as the ā€˜Minimum Levelā€™ for Dimming aka Parameter 5

I can go into the device settings page and manually ā€˜Set Levelā€™, to 20. I can turn the turn off, and back on and everything works OK.

If I set parameter number #5 to 20. Dim the lights up, then back down the lights are much dimmer. If I turn the switch off, then back on the lights wonā€™t actually turn on.

Set Level at 20 is the SAME/SIMILAR as Minimum Level 35.

If I Set Level to 35, the lights arenā€™t that ā€˜dimā€™

Anyone else notice this?

Hope that makes sense

This is something unique about LED bulbs that makes the minimum level a little tricky. Every bulb is a little different in this regard, but when the bulbs go from an OFF state to an ON state they have to be dimmed up to a certain (usually higher) level just to turn ON. Then, you can usually dim them down 10-15% and make them dimmer. Iā€™ve had to set the minimum brightness to the higher level so that they donā€™t get in a state where the hub thinks they are on, but they actually are not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen posts and have figured this out from playing around. My comment regarding this was to state that I used the ā€˜Set Levelā€™ to figure out the lowest % the LED will accept to actually turn on from a off state.

Now that I know the lowest % value, I donā€™t see why I shouldnā€™t be able to use that for parameter 5 ā€˜Minimum Levelā€™

The issue is the ā€˜Set Levelā€™ in the driver and ā€˜Minimum Levelā€™ (Parameter 5) values donā€™t seem to be functioning the same. They seem to be scaled differently.

Looking forward to your response.

Is this with the Blue Series?

I was talking about my Red Series.

Since you asked I just checked my Blue Series

Looks like my blue series is doing something similar.

On the Blue Series-

I have the ā€˜Minimum Levelā€™ set to

If I SET the ā€˜Set Levelā€™ to 10, I then can use the local switch to dim lower than that.

That doesnā€™t make sense to me!

Ok, yeah, that makes sense. That is because the switch will always be able to change level from 1-100 (99 for z-wave). If you change the minimum or maximum level, the switch just scales the new range across the numbers 1-100. So if you set the minimum to 10 and the maximum to 90 the switch scales the new range across the values of 1-100. The equation is something like this:

((max-min) * x/100) + min

x is the value you have chosen from 1-100. So after you change the max and min (as stated above), if you set the level to 5, the value in the switch will actually be:

((90-10) * 5/100) + 10 = 14 The app will say the switch is at 5%, but internally the switch is actually at 14% (above the minimum)

If you set it to 33%:

((90-10) * 33/100) + 10 = 36 The app says 33% but internally the switch is at 36%

If you set it to 100%:

((90-10) * 100/100) + 10 = 90 The app says 100% but internally it is at 90 (the maximum that you have set)

Hopefully that makes sense.

2 Likes