Firmware v2.30 (Beta) | LZW42 | RGBW Bulb

Hey all! First off, thanks for some awesome products! I just went through and updated the firmware of these bulbs to 2.30, and now they are both bricked. Flashing finished, and the bulb turned off. Tried turning off/on 6x, to no avail. Is there anything else I can do to “recover” the bulbs?

I saw this while flashing a few too. I had to let them “rest” still with power to them.

For how long? Did they magically turn on, or did you let them sit for a while and then turned them off and back on?

I let them sit and they would come back on.

I did not let them sit afterwards and did a power cycle per the exclusion step. However they have been on for a while (2+ hours) and haven’t turned back on. Just did another power cycle and hoping to see them turn on. Any thoughts?

@Nathan. Looks like they are all slowly coming back around, thanks for the advice. Just have one left, the other 3 all finally came around after I turned them off for a while to “rest”. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi,

I updated four of my bulbs to this firmware to see if it would speed up the response times and make them act more in sync. 3/4 bulbs updated successfully but one of the bulbs doesn’t come on anymore or respond to any commands.

Looking at the logs, it looks like it was successful so not sure why it’s not responding.

ockedBy None DEVICE 2020-06-28 15:04:28.132 EDT
firmwareUpdateProgress Complete device is flashing… DEVICE 2020-06-28 15:04:27.950 EDT
firmwareUpdateProgress Sent last fragment. Waiting on device… DEVICE 2020-06-28 15:04:20.449 EDT
firmwareUploadPercent 100% DEVICE 2020-06-28 15:04:14.489 EDT
firmwareUploadPercent 99% DEVICE 2020-06-28 15:04:01.599 EDT

I’m on hubitat and used the z-wave updater tool. I tried keeping it disconnected for several hours and then connected overnight to ‘rest’ but it doesn’t seem to have done the trick. Also tried switching it off and on 6 times to reset it but that didn’t help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

@skivord -Leave power on to the bulb for a bit. There’s a few that managed to recover their bulbs by leaving it powered on.

@harjms , Thanks - it’s been connected to the power for about 20 hours now and no sign of life.
Any other way to try and reset it other than the 6x on off?

@anon14959390 any other ideas? You guys updated a few dozen bulbs right and some you just had to wait on?

I only ever had to wait for a few minutes at most. Not sure what to recommend here.

Try leaving the bulb unpowered (remove it from the socket) for say 30 mins and then put back in socket, wait a little and try again?

Thanks for the suggestions, tried leaving it unplugged overnight and put it back in this morning and still no sign of life. Unfortunately, it seems to be bricked

I had a bulb hooked up to Home Assistant and it would take between 5 and 15 seconds to send commands before and some of them were just ignored. After this (painful) update any change is instantaneous! I had to flash it twice because I couldn’t change the color the first time. When will this firmware be stock on new bulbs?

I have a bunch of these bulbs and decided to try updating a couple of them with the latest Hubitat zwave update tool. One of the bulbs, I’ve updated five times, and the other I’ve only updated twice … but despite EVERY attempt claiming to be successful, neither bulb reports the latest firmware. Is there a trick to making it stick? I’ve tried back to back loads, and unplugging them and letting them sit post load, but nothing obvious has made any difference.

Any ideas?

What happens when you click the get version report button?

It forever reports 1.28 … though, if I’m honest, it’s hard to be sure the “get version report” button actually does anything; as soon as I set the driver, the field is already populated and never changes.

Every time I start the upgrade though, it does clear the field and re-report the current version as 1.28.

When I switch back to the proper driver they also report 1.28 when I click the configure button.

I’m in the same boat as skivord up above. I was able to successfully upgrade one of my bulbs through the ZenSys tools, but now it won’t talk to either my ISY or my Z-Stick, and when I physically turn the bulb off and on again it doesn’t come on. I’ve tried letting it sit both with the power on and the power off, neither seems to make any difference. Toggling the power six times didn’t’ help either.

I have a second bulb, but I’m a bit gun-shy about upgrading that one now…

Any suggestions on bringing the bulb back to life?

I just bought a bunch more because of this firmware… It’s not available on the multi-white yet, so I’m replacing a bunch of my multi-whites with the multi-color because of how much faster this firmware is!

3 Likes

Nice! I have the multi-white firmware update that I will try to post tonight.

@sjthespian I’m not sure on how to bring it back to life. As you noticed some people just let it sit for a while and it starts working. If you try to exclude it does it do anything? It seems like the bulb isn’t turning on, but maybe excluding it will reset things back to normal.

1 Like