Firmware v2.31 (Beta) | LZW42 | RGBW Bulb

Interesting, I need to try that method to see if it is more difficult for me to get a non-secure inclusion.

UPDATE: I was in a panic, and after waiting 20 minutes without the status changing, I aborted and tried again. Lucky for me it worked!

I just got a zooz zwave stick in yesterday to start doing some firmware updates on my devices. Updating a bunch of LZW42 bulbs from 2.28 to 2.31. Got 3 done and was starting to get on a roll with it, when we had a power outage. It only flickered for a second, but I fear I am screwed. The computer running the update is on a UPS so Im all good there, but the bulb was not on a battery or anything and lost power for a split second. Stuck on packet 193 of 2735. Am I screwed?

1 Like

Well it wonā€™t hurt if you try again. Not much to lose at this point if the device is bricked. Iā€™d just turn off and (after a few seconds) turn back on and reattempt. I canā€™t remember if the firmware is overwritten as itā€™s being uploaded or not.

Iā€™m sure Edison would be amazed at flashing firmware to a bulb.

2 Likes

I have read through several threads and canā€™t get a good enough explanation to be able to update these LZW42 bulbs. I have one that is just constantly sending level, color, hue, and saturation information back to the hub. I havenā€™t used this bulb in a while and the constant messages are annoying. The bulb is reporting itā€™s running 2.28.

I downloaded and installed the code for the Z-Wave Firmware Updater. Iā€™m running a C5 hub. I swapped the driver to the Z-Wave Firmware Updater and used this link to get the 2.31 driver:
https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW42/Beta/LZW42_2.31.hex.

I took entered that link in the URL and set the target to 0. The update runs - it uploads the file, then says ā€œUpload Complete device is flashingā€. Then thereā€™s no update after that point. Changing back to the original driver, running a config and refresh, the firmware version stays the same.

I saw in some post that youā€™re also supposed to update 0 and 1 but I canā€™t find an additional file that would be updated to Target = 1.

Any suggestions about whatā€™s Iā€™m doing wrong?

I donā€™t have any of these bulbs, but I donā€™t think there are two targets to flash. If you look at the firmware repository there is only a single hex file.

https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW42/Beta/

1 Like

@Bry is correct. Only target 0

1 Like