How To: 3-Way, Both Ends Inovelli Switches, Light Speed Instant, Google Assistant, Zwave Associations

Edit: changed this to a how to as I posted a solution below based on feedback from others and combination of other discussions.

Can anyone show or explain their exact habitat setup to get this set up like normal switches, just smart.

Where both left and right are always in sync. If you press left switch or right switch the lights turn on/off instantaneously (ramp rate 0). And one of the two is connected to google so you can use voice to also turn on the lights.

You would setup a zwave association between the two switches. Associate the switch that doesn’t have a load to the switch that has a load. If I remember correctly you want to make 2 associations, one for group 3 and one for group 4. I believe you want to disable the internal relay for the switch that doesn’t have a load too.

For google assistant you just want to expose the switch that has load to the google assistant app within hubitat and then sync your devices on your google assistant. You should be able to see it and voice control it now.

Left Dimmer - Load
1 - Installed according to diagram and added to Habitat while ensuring security is at S0
2 - Did NOT set a value for Switch Type
3 - Personal preferences (ramp rate =0, state after power restored = 100)
4 - Added switch to list of devices shared to google home

Right Dimmer - Non-load
1 - Installed according to diagram and added to Habitat while ensuring security is at S0
2 - Association Behavior When… = 11
3 - Did NOT set a value for Switch Type
4 - Personal preferences (ramp rate =0, state after power restored = 100)

Associations
1 - Source Left Dimmer Load, Destination Right Dimmer Non-Load, Group 2
3 - Source Left Dimmer Load, Destination Right Dimmer Non-Load, Group 4
2 - Source Right Dimmer Non-Load, Destination Left Dimmer Load, Group 3
3 - Source Right Dimmer Non-Load, Destination Left Dimmer Load, Group 4

1 Like