Hubitat- Binding 2 Blue Switches

Hubitat 2.3.4.134

Switch - * firmwareMT: 122F-0101-01020208

• softwareBuild: 01020208

Still looking for help here if possible. I’ve updated the cans. Deleted and rebound everything. They all go on and off with the hue ap. Once bound to the two switches 1 can won’t respond at all. And the other 7 cans are sporadic as to which will choose to respond to the switch. So you end up clicking at the wall many times over to get them all to the same place.

I’m having the same trouble with switches on v2.08.
Binding blue series to another blue series switch is intermittently working.
Definitely not stable at this time.

1 Like

In another part of the house i have 2 blues bound with 4 hue smart cans. Even with 4 cans in getting inconsistency in response times, levels, or basic on off at the switch.

Something is not right here

Can someone help me locate the Hubitat app and instructions for binding Blue switches and zigbee bulbs?

found it, thanks anyway

https://community.inovelli.com/docs?topic=11743

Hey @Bfotmt and @SamJWard – sorry I didn’t see these responses until now when the topic resurfaced.

Are you still experiencing these issues?

I’m happy to help. I’ve seen something similar on my setup but it was very sporadic. I’m currently investigating with a Zniffer to see what I can find.

Hi Eric,

Yes still having this issue. I’ve set up automations via hubitat direct to each smart can.

From the switch when it’s 3 way or more with 4 or more smart bulbs it is sporadic at best.

On v2.08 binding two switches is unstable.
On v2.10 it seems binding is more stable (still misses sometimes but not as frequent), but with some added bugs for dimming speeds. I have noticed that 3-way circuits (2 switches, 1 light) seem to be much more stable than 4-way circuits (3 switches, 1 light).

The more switches added to the zigbee network, the worse the network performs.

It seems as if the switches “freeze” and stop sending any packets back to the coordinator for sometimes up to a minute, and then it resumes working again. For example, pressing up twice doesn’t trigger an automation. The hub never sees the packet. I used a packet inspector and did not see any traffic from the switch during those commands so I’m not sure if it’s even sending anything.

Out of curiosity, how much RAM do these switches have onboard?

I have tested multiple coordinators (Conbee II, Sonoff P, Sonoff E) and things don’t seem to change. I am also using a USB extender to keep it away from the Intel NUC I’m running HAOS on. LQI’s are still in the tank (sometimes under 100) for switches right next to each other and right next to the coordinator. It seems they’re not routing properly still. Other devices on the network (Third Reality Zigbee plugs) seem to have near-perfect LQI’s at 245-255.

Would you be open to working with us on this? I know the firmware engineer has this on his radar now.

I’m seeing similar issues in one of my 4-Way setups as well and I thought maybe it was just a fluke because all my other bindings work perfect (even another 4-Way).

But what you’re describing and what @Bfotmt showed in the video is similar, if not the same, as what I’m seeing.

Edit: idk about your other questions, but I’ll ask the engineers.

1 Like

I am willing to provide as much support as I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help. If they want to remote into hubitat we can discuss that privately.

1 Like

Strange. I turned off “Legacy Home Assistant Entity’s”, rebooted HA, and now everything appears stable. Only time will tell, but 3 days in and every switch is responding like normal.

v2.10 on every switch.
Latest HA and latest Z2M.
Intel NUC i7 w/64 GB of RAM (yes, overkill)
SONOFF 3.0 zigbee coordinator (P Texas instruments version) flashed w/ latest stable firmware.
Hooked up via newest USB standard using USB 3.x extension cable.

LQI’s are still low, but I just paired them 3 days ago so it’ll probably get better with time. No problems with network performance though. Now - if it gets worse over time I would presume that the switches are running out of RAM and that may be the core problem. Only time will tell…

I WOULD ALSO STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO NOT USE CONBEE II, RASBEE II, OR ANY OLDER CHIPSET AS YOUR COORDINATOR. THESE ADAPTERS CAN NOT HANDLE THE BANDWIDTH THAT COMES FROM THESE SWITCHES. WHILE TESTING, THOSE ADAPTERS PERFORMED SIGNIFIGANTLY WORSE THAN THE SONOFF 3.0 P-series (Texas Instruments chipset) w/ extension cable.

1 Like