Hunter Fan Light Installation

Yes I do. I can post a picture but I have to actually take the entire fan assembly down and apart to do so as the canopy will not drop far enough down for access.

I looked at the documentation @jtronicus referenced and I agree with his directions.

So the fan doesn’t turn on with the fan switch. What happens with the light switch?

Neither works. I have the buttons on the switch turned up to full and I double checked with the chains but only the bulbs flash briefly. I will pull all down again and get a picture.

Dumb question, but you re-wired the switch side to provide constant line to the fan correct? Since the switch is no longer controlling the “line” to the fan anymore.

Harams, yes I believe you are referring to the Line and Load going into the Line on the switch?

Here is a picture of the wiring hopefully this is good enough?

Yes, that’s what he means. Can you post pics with the switch pulled out so we can see the connections to the switch AND inside of the box.

The fan wiring looks good to me.

Per the documentation the line and load both go into the line?

I can’t see inside the box. Are you sending the neutral too? I’m guessing all the whites are bundled but just confirming.

Look at the back of the switch. I don’t have one to reference. As you look at the back, is LINE on the left or right? You have the neutral on the left and I’m not sure if that’s correct. Your picture is not clear of enough to tell from looking at it.

The Inovelli wiring diagram suggests that LINE is on the left as you look at the back of the switch. Other Inovellis have the LINE on the left as well. Just not sure about the fan switch.

I think it is backwards. BLK screw usually indicates LINE and SILVER screw usually indicates neutral. I don’t think Inovelli would’ve designed the switches to be opposite.

1 Like

You correct. I have it the other way around now. The fan still doesn’t work and the lights are pulsing on and off.

OK they have stopped pulsing on and off now nothing.

Lights pulsing on and off makes it sound like the switch has not been paired with the canopy module yet.

OK I followed the instructions to pair the LED bars did flash green however the lights stayed pulsing and I still cannot control anything.

If you pull the air gap to reboot the switch, when it starts up, do you see a red, green blue sequence on the switch LEDs?

https://desk.zoho.com/DocsDisplay?zgId=691830694&mode=inline&blockId=kw8eq0ea983a8937443c38fb1aee97d3839eb

Yes I do see the red green blue sequence. I also decided to pair with Homeseer this works however I only get a light and the light turns both the fan and the light on. Again doesn’t actually do anything though. I would have thought I would have got two separate controls one for the fan one for the light?

Attached picture.

About the only thing I can think of to test would to be to double check at the fan that the solid black goes to the fan and the black with the white stripe goes to the light. To do that, remove the Inovelli canopy module.

SHUT OFF THE BREAKER WHILE MAKING THESE CONNECTIONS. THE BLACK IN THE FAN BOX IS CONSTANTLY HOT: Connect the black fan wire directly to the black from the box and see if that turns on the fan. Then disconnect that black from the fan and do the same thing with the black with the white stripe from the fan. That should power the light.

If you confirm that those two fan leads are correct, then that would suggest an issue with the canopy or switch. Perhaps @Eric_Inovelli can advise if a fan switch or canopy can get damaged by wiring the hot and neutral on the switch backwards.

If the canopy lights (not the LED lights on the switch) are pulsing, that would suggest things are wired correctly, but that the canopy is in pairing mode:

The switch is normally pre-paired to the canopy module, but if its not working and the pairing method above does not work, it might be worth trying to reset the fan module by holding down the fan dimmer up button and the fan power/toggle button (buttons D & E) for 20 seconds per this support article.

Once you reset the module, I would recommend power cycling everything (at the breaker), just in case, and thy to pair with the canopy module again (by holding the fan dimmer up button and pressing the fan power/toggle button 3x)

Thank you.

I followed this procedure and was able to get the green flash confirmation that the switch paried however again the lights pulse for around two minutes and after this still nothing works.

I do have another FAN/LIGHT so maybe I should try that to rule out canopy or switch issue?

Also why does Homeseer only see a light switch and not a fan switch?

I dont use Homeseer, so I am not sure how to properly set it up, but did you follow the steps on this support page?

jtronicus

That makes sense and does work in non secure mode and does create two devices. Now to see if I can get the light and fan to operate.