Inovelli Blue 2-1 switch losing triggers in HA when zigbee is rebooted

Hello Team,
Setting up the Blue switches is pretty easy - I ensure that I press the button combinations (such as “double up”) so that the trigger is an option in HA automations.

When Zigbee is rebooted in HA, these triggers are gone and unrecognized/undefined in HA automations. The only way I konw of to get them back, is to removed the Blue from HA’s Z2M, and re-add the device. This is not a great long term option and takes time.

Has anyone run across this? If so, what do you do to help eliminate this extra work?

Thanks in advance,

I don’t use Z2M personally so can’t speak too much to it, but I’d recommend either using rohan’s blueprint or manually specifying the triggers should work as shown here.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up chack, I played around with a few blueprint automatons,… .this might work. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

I was having this issue for many of my devices using Z2M. I was running the official MQTT addon repository and after a little research, looks like MQTT was the culprit, at least for me. I came across this reddit post for others having issues with buttons. I switched to EMQX based on that discussion and I haven’t had an issue since. Wasn’t very difficult to switch over, took about 30 minutes. I wasn’t familiar with EMQX, but leveraged a Mostly Chris tutorial and it went smoothly. I also like the built in GUI that can help with problem solving and gives more control over the broker.

Thank you for sharing. I will definitely look at this.