Invert LED of red series dimmer switch

Is there a way to invert the led on a red series dimmer switch? Everytime we walk into our bedroom and want to turn on the light, we seem to always hit the config button before the rocker paddle. I want to mount my switch upside down and invert it in the settings. That would bring the config button at the bottom left of the switch instead. The only downside is the led will be upside down in regards of the dimming level when the light is on. Would that be something easy to add the option of inverting the LED in the switch settings in smartthings?

Thanks

Justin

I see no reason you can’t just mount it upside down. There are no gravity / position sensitive components. If you wish, there is an option to invert the switch operation so it can keep the “upper” side of the switch still functioning as if it were installed in the normal position.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what i am planning to do but i was wondering if there was a way to invert the switch’s LED strip so that when the light is at 25%, the led is full from the bottom to about a quarter up. If the light is at 75%, to have the switch’s LED full from the bottom, up to 3/4 of the way. Currently, if you mount it upside down, invert the switch option and turn the light to 25%, the switch’s LED notification bar will be full from the top to about 1/4 down.

@EricM_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli - May be look at having engineers update firmware if invert then reverse LED strip.

@Grosbiz / Have you seen some of the folks who filed down the config button or 3D printed new buttons? Pics in a thread. Very good mod if you’re handy.

Yeah this is an interesting case – The problem we’re running into with the firmware updates is that there is little to no room on the MCU and/or Z-Wave Chip to add in new features, so I’m not sure that this is possible at this time.

We can certainly ask them though.

I think the solution @harjms mentioned with the filing down the config button and/or 3D Printing a new button will work: Config button interfering with paddle operation

We’ll keep you posted on what we hear from the manufacturer!

Thanks Eric,

I will look into filing it down unless someone is up for 3d printing a few new buttons for me. Beside my little personal flaw, the switch is great.

Looking to purchase a few more soon. Specially a project hurricane one…

1 Like