Latency and jankyness with 4-way Red series

Greetings - I have swapped out all the switches in the house to Red (and a few Blue for the Philips Hues) and they work great generally (except a couple that refuse to join in secure mode.) A handful are 3 way and they work ok, but I have three switches in the kitchen that are set in a 4 way. I am using Home Assistant with ZWave JS UI and Zwave associations. I had previously set them with a dimmer and two aux but the family complained that the AUX looked plain and dull when in a cluster with the regular switches, so I put the aux on the shelf and ordered more switches.

I have followed the instructions in Two LZW31-SN in three-way using associations - LED sync - #38 by eric.dalquist and I have connected every one of the switches to the other two via groupings on 2, 3 and 4. There is noticeable amount of lag when dimming, and that can lead to overshooting.

The switches are new from the box - what settings can I play to reduce the lag and improve the experience?

If the configuration tweaks are not sufficient, does anybody have experience with joining together Zigbee (blue series)? Would they have reduced latency when associated?

Thank you!

Take a look at Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix - #504 by rohan

The blue are faster and don’t have any of the same quirks with zigbee groups, but you can make it work for the red series as well.

1 Like

@Eric_Inovelli please update https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-setting-up-device-associations-zwave-js-ui#Switch_B_-_Mirror_the_Association with this information because I find this clarifies the situation.