LED Effects with Inovelli Blue and Zigbee2MQTT/Home Assistant

I get the same on my end too even with the updated converter mentioned here.

1 Like

Yea, I just finished looking at/loading that improved file too hoping that it also addressed LED issues. The energy/power counters are working now at least :frowning:

I too am having a problem trying to send effects via Zigbee2MQTT.

No converter available for ‘led_effect’ ({“effect”:“slow_blink”})

People are mentioning the PR to fix energy reporting, but there was another PR to address the LED effects: https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters/pull/4802

It was merged into zigbee-herdsman-converters a few days ago, so you can either download the inovelli.js file directly from that the repo, or wait until the monthly release of Z2M comes out in a few days.

2 Likes

great! thanks for the information!

It seems like there’s a more “UI-based” way to set LED effects if using ZHA (see example here). Is this something that could be added to the Z2M integration at all? Where would that type of request go?

1 Like

I made a script setting LED effects in Home Assistant for Z2M.

It also has all of the new effects for firmware 2.05.

The new effects also require the newest zigbee-herdsman-converters too.

3 Likes

@zanix very cool! i think I saw you post someplace about potentially converting this to a blueprint, is that true?

1 Like

Yep, I said that on the Home Assistant forums and once I have some extra time I will do so.

1 Like

Here is the blueprint

6 Likes

@zanix Love the blueprint. Is it possible to modify it to work with the blue series fan switch? The fan switch entity does not show up as a selectable option. Probably because it is a fan and not a light. For example my fan entity is:

fan.0x048727fffe1b2ba0

and my 2-1 (which does show up is):

light.0x60a423fffe30a49c

I made the blueprint set to only show light entities. So that explains why it doesn’t show up.
It also filters based on the model name “Inovelli 2-in-1 switch + dimmer (VZM31-SN)” so it doesn’t try to send the commands to other devices if you pick an area for the target.

I can edit the blueprint to show fan entities and add the model name of the fan switch to the filter. If the Z2M commands are the same as the 2-in-1 it should work just fine.

Can you put this in Developer tools > Template and send back what the model string is?

{{ device_attr("fan.0x048727fffe1b2ba0", "model") }}
1 Like

Inovelli Fan Controller (VZM35-SN)

I got the blueprint updated in another branch on my GitHub
It works for the light switch but since I don’t have the fan switch can you let me know if it works?

EDIT: I merged this into the main branch

1 Like

Good to see you over here @zanix !

1 Like

Works great, thanks! I am able to mix lights and fans to call the same notification at the same time.

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll push the update to the main branch.

Now I just need to order a couple fan switches so I can use the update myself!

I was not having luck with my new fan switch and discovered that it is showing up as model “Fan controller (VZM35-SN)” without the Inovelli. Adding a line to models around 201 resolved my issue. Not sure why mine is showing up differently. Currently running Z2M 1.33.1-dev

Interesting, if the models values were stripped down to just the model number the filter should work the same. Can you test that for me?

models:
    - VZM31-SN
    - VZM35-SN

This means you are using the contributed convertor instead of the external convertor and the maintainer of z2m requested the name of the device be changed, removing the Inovelli portion from the name.

1 Like