LZW-36 Fan/Light Availability?

The LZW-36 (combo Fan/Light switch) is an awesome piece of tech. It is currently unavailable.

The Inovelli forums seems to be forward-focussing (which is great in general) but seem to be light on details of when regular products may get another production run or not.

Would it be possible to maybe make this clearer, maybe even have earlier pre-ordering, or kickstarter focussed production runs for more enthusiast-oriented products ?

Hi @robf22!

I urge you to check out our “Out of Stock” Thread where we keep updates on exactly what you asked for - when products are coming back into stock.

As you will be able to see in that thread, Fan + Light is slated to not return until early 2022 due to shortages in the supply chain. We are also currently having an issue with some technical aspects of the switch (see THIS thread) so we have currently taken the remaining units down that we do have. Once we have resolved the disconnection issue we will have about 50 remaining units to put up for sale.

We do pre-orders for almost all products, but only when we know we have set dates from our manufacturer, as they often change things around on us with little to no warning. January is a bit too far away still for us to open a pre-order for fan switches.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Courtney_Inovelli Y’all amazing in these forums.

When the disconnection issue with the Fan + Light is resolved I’d really like to purchase one of the remaining 50 units if possible :smile:

1 Like

For sure! I have a list of a few people who are interested as well so I’d be happy to add you to it!

1 Like

Thanks!

Could you add my name to that list? I’d like to purchase one when they’re available, as well.

2 Likes

Ooh, me too, please? :grinning:

1 Like

@Courtney_Inovelli - please add me for 1. I have one that’s currently not working.

@Courtney_Inovelli , I missed the notification when the last lot of refurbs became available.

Are you planning to resell and in the near future as I need two complete my home. I’ve not had any issues with teh three I already have installed.

I went through and sold all the refurbs in the big pile we had, but I think there may be a few more laying around the office somewhere I can test. I will reach out if I can find any!

I would really like a notification if there are any more refurbs found. I only need one.

I would really love to be added to the list for the remaining stock as I am desperate for these Fan+Light switches in my new home. I do need TWO of them please. I also had 2 in my previous home and they worked absolutely perfect for me with no disconnection issues ever and I had them paired to my SmartThings V3 hub and never had a single hiccup of any kind. Extremely reliable and so convenient not to have to run extra wiring to gain separate fan control. These are the most ingenious Smarthome product I have used to date. I can only imagine the disconnection issues are due to poor/old wiring or some sort of fluctuating voltage issues. The 2 that I used for over a year in our last house with no issues were in a home in a subdivision with close neighbors and as close as you could ever imagine to a main airport, so if interference was going to be an issue, I would have been your best candidate and I never had a single issue. Really hoping you guys can get the fantom issues resolved asap as I can’t wait to install 2 more in my new home. I already just ordered 38 Blue series 2-in-1 and a couple AUX for 3-way and I am so excited to get those installed as soon as they arrive and then I will just need these two Fan+Light switches and I will be all set on lighting;). You guys are amazing! Keep up the incredible work and thanks for everything!

I’m selling my house and they bought it with the smarthome, including my LZW36’s.

They have NO clue what they are getting and how rare it really is!

Can’t wait for WHATEVER version comes first to get my hands on!

Is there still any possibility these will be restocked? I personally haven’t had any issues with mine whatsoever.

Doubtful, the manufacturer relationship is broken down and they have the tooling that would have to be bought and taken to a different manufacturer, then the software would have to be reverse engineered.

BUT, they will have a MUCH better version coming soon ™. It’s really hard to be patient I agree!

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I’d love to have control of my bedrooms’ lights and fans. But, it’s been years now. I’ve heard murmurs about a possible blue/Zigbee one now and then, but I don’t think anything has officially landed on a roadmap. Therefore, it would probably be another 2-3 years at best before we see anything sadly. Last I recall from Eric was they had enough trouble getting a new Fan controller rubber stamped (and we are still waiting on that) that a fan/light is unlikely because it is even more niche.

I might just have to buy 5 of the new fan controllers and 5 2-1 dimmers, rewire everything with 12/3 instead of the existing 12/2, and tear out some drywall to replace the boxes with dual gang.