This thread is to try to figure out what’s going on with the Fan/Light switch disconnection issues. We are just as stumped as anyone else and would love to get to the bottom of this as it’s weird that this product had this issue in the beginning, then we hadn’t heard this being a problem for at least 6mo and now it’s resurfacing
Between the 4 of us that have these switches installed for over a year now, we’ve not had any of these issues, but it does seem to be an issue lately with tickets and forum posts, so let’s figure this out!
Please answer the following questions below so we can try to get to the root cause. If you have any further information that may help or theories as to what may be causing this, please add it to your answer.
We’re very sorry this is happening and with any product we put our heart/soul into, it’s very sad to see people having a bad experience. This is definitely one of my favorite products and I’m confident we can figure this out. We just need your help.
Questions (please highlight and quote for your answer):
- Date switch was purchased
- Approximate distance from switch to fan canopy
- Approximate internal temperature (in house) and external temperature (outside)
- What is your hub/gateway (ie: SmartThings, Hubitat, etc)?
- What firmware version are you on (if you don’t know, leave blank, but it’s helpful)?
- Have you made any parameter changes?
- Approximate wattage of your bulbs
- Does the disconnection happen when using the fan, the light or both?
- Do you notice any patterns (ie: time of day, time since last disconnection, etc)?
I think that’s all for now – if there’s any more common questions, let me know and I can add to the list. Again, very sorry for the issues and we definitely have this as a priority to get fixed.
Raw Data – there does not seem to be any correlation.