LZW31 - slow response time

Hello everyone,
this is my first post here.

Hi,
I bought some Inovelli Dimmers and some On/Off Red Series. Any idea why my Inovelli Red Dimmers are bit sluggish, there is a 1 or 2 sec delay while Inovelli Red On/Off are instant. They are not that far from my Aeotec controller, i dont think distance is the issue
I have a Zooz Dimmer and Inovelli Dimmer in same box (outlet), Zoom is instant as well. I also noticed that RTT time is much higher on Inovelli Red Series then compared to Zooz.
I used this guide to setup it up, LZW30 showed up right away without modifyign anything

Do you have any idea why i would have slower response time and sluggish experience on Inovelli?

Zooz switches are reporting RTT of ~50’s, and Inovelli ~250. They are literally next to each other.

They do work & i was able to create a scene for Good Night and Good morning, double tap to turn off/on other switches/lights/rooms. No issues there

thank you!

There is a 700 ms delay built in because the switch can be used as a scene controller, so it needs to wait until it figures out if you’re pressing to control the connected light or activating a scene.

If you are not using the dimmer as a scene controller, you can turn that delay off. “Disable Physical On/Off Delay”.

Thank you. I noticed over the time that became much faster & more responsive.

I have a silly question: can you give me an example of scene controller? i read specsheet but its not clear. I am afraid if i disable scene controller i will disable double /tripple click features as well.

Or if you could point me to the documentation with details i would greatly appreciate it

Yes, double, tripple tap etc are scene control, and disabling the delay will inactivate all but the small config button for scene control. If you adjust your ramp and/or dim rates down, it may not be as noticable. The default rate of 3 seems really long to me. I use 1 on most of my lights.

1 Like

You can also adjust the “ramp rate” setting to 0 to speed up the on time.

thanks, i’ll check that setting out.

It is also worth making sure your “Minimum Level” is set to an appropriate value. If your lights dont actually turn on until the dimmer hits 20% but the Minimum Level is set to 0, then there will be a perceived delay where the switch is ramping up the voltage but it hasnt gotten high enough for the bulb to output any light yet.

1 Like

Is there an option to change the 700ms delay? I’m guessing the point is that it needs to wait long enough to give you the opportunity to hit the second or third press. For me, 350ms would be more than enough, and would probably be the difference between a noticeable and unnoticeable delay.

For firmware 1.47+, you can turn it off in the settings. Consideration is being given to it being variable. If you look around, there are other discussions regarding this.

Recently updated FW to 1.57 on my LZW31-SN and lost the delay/scene controller
Using home assistant and Zwave JS, I only get parameters up to 22 in the configuration not 50,51,52.
Is there a manual way to set the parameter to enable to delay/scene?
I tried using the developer menu as well using (Z-Wave: Set device configuration parameter) but it doesn’t work either.

Thank you,

Not HA smart - did you flash both 0 and 1 slots?

1 Like

I think that was only an option on firmware 1.52.

Hi
My wife is complaining about this exact topic!
In my Hubitat devices page I do not see how to turn off Scene control or change the ramp up / down time?
What am I missing? I have a box full of Inovelli dimmers to install and she will not let me proceed until this is fixed.

Thanks
Nate

Do you have the LZW or VZW model? If running the gen 2, LZW version, make sure you have the updated firmware and running the Inovelli drivers.

LZW31-SN purchased January 2022. I bought these for our kitchen renovation but the contractor was not at all interested in installing them so I just had him install regular decora switches and am finally getting around to installing smart switches everywhere.

How do I upgrade the firmware on them?

When I google it I get stuck on

KNOWLEDGE BASE REDIRECT NOTICE

https://help.inovelli.com/en/articles/8372324-red-series-updating-your-firmware-hubitat
I went through the steps but I am not sure where to find the firmware, download it to be able to use this feature.

Nate

That’s the latest beta firmware.

More info:

Fixed, Eric himself helped me out.
https://docs2.hubitat.com/apps/device-firmware-updater

These instructions clearly state that the C5 does not work for firmware updates but Eric had a special way to get it done!

Thanks
Nate