LZW36 just installed - trying to find the toggle for "Smart Bulb"

Hi Folks!

I just installed (2) LZW36’s to control a celing fan/light. Install went smooth - all works great from the switch. I added them into Hubitat - basic functionality works.

One of the rooms has LIFX bulbs - so I want to ensure that physically pressing the light button instead of cutting power just sends a toggle to the group I created for the LIFX bulbs.

I can’t seem to find the “smart bulb” option that I thought I read about?!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

mat

1 Like

I am 90% of the way there…

For those looking to do the same thing.

1. disable the internal relay (hold button A down, and tap B button 8 times) - it will flash red to signify that it is disabled - do the same to re-enable (flashes green).
  2. Created a simple rule that says "when <switch_name> switch 1 is pressed - toggle the group I created with the LIFX bulbs in it - works great.

How do I get the LED bar to basically toggle as well? I would like it Off when the bulbs are off, and On when the bulbs are On.

Thanks!

Matt

1 Like

Strange - i tried creating the Light LED child device - and while it is created, I can’t turn on/off the LED strip light?

(I was going to try and use the mirror app to keep the bulbs and that LED bar in sync).

1 Like

It seems you have been talking to yourself this whole time. I would also like to be able to toggle the LED bar as well.
Did you ever get this working?

1 Like

With the current firmware, the LED bar is tied to the physical state of the Light switch. When the Light relay is disabled, the output to the physical light is always 100%, so the LED strip will always show 100%.

1 Like

Yep - after a ton of testing that is what I figured out… :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Matt

1 Like

On other switches they implemented a “smart bulb” mode that would output 100% regardless of switch state.

Hopefully @EricM_Inovelli has this on his radar for future firmware updates on the 36’s.

1 Like

I did figure that out - you can stop the local switch from affecting the relay state - which works great.

I was just trying to get the LED bar to sync up with a group on my hub.

2 Likes

Hello, new to this as well but please take a look at my post from last week. Though it hasn’t gotten much attention and nobody has validated if I am doing things the best way it does answer all of your questions.

1 Like