LZW36 - Slight Flicker

Just as a datapoint, I have this exact same flicker with my LZW31-SN Dimmers. All my lights will randomly flash off and back on about once an hour. Have done this since I got them a few months back.

Hello! I have installed the new fan canopy and it appears to be MUCH better than previously! However, instead of the lights flickering off and then on, I do believe the light gets a slight dim and then it goes back to normal. It happens fast, so its hard to catch it and it makes me doubt myself. It has happened as frequently and randomly as the lights flickering.

Has anyone else with the new canopy replacements experience this?
Honestly its not as bad as the lights flickering and I’m very happy with it, but trying to figure out if im going nuts here or something.

Thanks -

1 Like

Is there a resolution for this yet? I had to go downstairs and flip the breaker for the master bedroom last night to go to bed because the light wouldn’t turn off at all. Pulling the air gap wouldn’t shut it off. Light still isn’t working today.

Hey @MRobi - did we ever give you the canopy replacements? If not, we got some in and can send them to you.

That should solve the flickering issue. As for the light staying on, what firmware is your switch?

@Courtney_Inovelli, I have one LZW36 installed and am also having the flickering issue. Is it possible to get on the replacement list?

Additionally, I’ve ordered a second one - will that one have the new firmware?

@Eric_Inovelli I too have the flicker in both of mine I sent a PM to @Courtney_Inovelli. I wish I would have noticed before now but I seldom have the lights on at anything other than 100% an not for very long. Well I had knee surgery last week so I was stuck in the room for a few days and would use the light for extended periods at a dimmed level. What do I need to do to get on the list to get my modules flashed to the new firmware?

Sure! We have them in stock now so no more list - just let us know you need one and we can ship them out. Can I get your order number? Thanks!

Yes, Ma’am I need two! The price we pay for wanting new tech!

I’m not seeing a way to PM you. Don’t think putting my order number on the public thread is smart.

See my PM, top right initials icon.

1 Like

I found it.

Your order number is unique so no one would know who you are/what you ordered just from a order number. We have to look the order number up to even access anything. Just for a future FYI.

2 Likes

Great, does that mean I’ll be getting a replacement for the old LZW36?

1 Like

You’re getting a new canopy module, yes. No new switch. The switch should be fine, the flickering issue was with the module only.

1 Like

I’m ‘happy’ to read this flickering isn’t just happening me.
I have purchased three of these over time… two in sept 2020 and another one jan 2021 which I haven’t installed yet.

The first one (has firmware 1.34) is in a bedroom and isn’t used much so I haven’t noticed or heard many complaints about the flickering.

The second one (has firmware 1.36) is in my office where I WFH daily. This one has been very distracting and everyone in the house complains to me about it. At first I thought it was the LED bulbs but I’ve swapped in several different kinds and saw it on all of them. I’ve tried keeping the brightness at 100%, but I still get flicker.
Sometimes it is a slow flicker: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tb7Bu1T4dnW7i17h8
Sometimes it is a fast flicker: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zRcv3yyMb97h2H6n8
Maybe I’m just getting older, but sometimes the fast flicker even makes me feel a little sick/dizzy in a way no videogames or rock concert ever have before!?!

I haven’t installed the latest (3rd) one already I purchased for a kid’s bedroom because of all the flickering i’m seeing on the 2nd one in my office.

1 Like

Hey @scubaaaDan - I’d be happy to send a couple canopy module replacements out to you to fix the flickering problem!

Dang, I’ve actually never seen it that bad. Very sorry for that!

Question for you – does this flickering happen at all levels of brightness or just when you’re at 100%?

Sorry, I missed the e-mail notification of a reply.
I’m on firmware 1.36. I’m having the disconnect issue 3-4x/week. It usually comes back after a few hours. I left the antenna wire sticking outside of the canopy, pointed towards the switch, and I’d say it’s about 12-15ft between them.

I’m up in Canada and ordered through Aartech. Should I be contacting them for the canopy replacement for the flickering or Courtney?

1 Like

Hey sorry, meant to respond here – I’ll shoot you a quick PM to sort this through as it’s definitely strange you’re still experiencing the disconnects on 1.36. Also, the flickering should be resolved if you purchased through Aartech as they received the fixed canopy modules.

Either way, we’ll get it figured out with you!

EDIT: We confirmed with the manufacturer that Aartech received the old canopies that experience the flickering issue. This is my mistake as we were initially told this wasn’t the case.

1 Like

I’ll be closing this thread out now as the main flickering issue has been resolved. If you are experiencing flickering, please send @Courtney_Inovelli a PM (or submit a ticket).

When PM’ing or submitting your ticket, please take a picture of the date code on your switch as the only batch that experienced this issue have the numbers 0520 on it. Date code can be found on the front of the metal portion of the switch (you will have to remove the face cover – not paddle – to see it).

If your switch does not have the date-code of 0520 and you are experiencing this issue, please adjust the min/max dim settings, check for bulb compatibility, or check for loose wires.

Thanks and sorry for the initial issue!