LZW36 (Smart Fan/Light Switch) Planned Production?

I see the LZW36 is listed on the Inovelli website as [This product has been discontinued. We hope to bring an upgraded version back soon.]

Anyone know what Inovelli’s defintion of “soon” is. When someone says you’ll get your money soon, that usually implies never. :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone at Inovelli reads this can you please provide a forecasted time frame?

If I continue this journey my entire home’s switches will be Inovelli except for 4 fan/ light switches. I would dislike not having them all to match.

This was recently addressed in an answer to a question in this topic: Z-Wave 800 Series 2-1 Switch (On/Off & Dimmer) | Project Phoenix - #401 by Eric_Inovelli

For the relevant piece:

2 Likes

Shoot me a PM - I might have a few on hand for you to buy!

1 Like

Have you seen the posts here about people willing to slay enemies and give their first-born children for the chance to own the holy grail LZW36? :wink:

I have two remaining ones NIB that I haven’t gotten around to installing yet…locked securely in my safe so that no harm comes to them…

You need to auction those bad boys off. So many hungry people.

Seriously though, you could probably fund R&D for the replacement by selling a few :wink:

I’m planning to fund my retirement by selling the two LZW36’s that I have in the safe… :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Keep them…you’ll need them as spares for replacement. I have one that low and medium fan speed has died on it. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll likely replace it whenever a new one comes along, but I’ve seen so many complaints about the low/medium failure. Maybe that’s one of the things Eric was referring to the manufacturer would not fix.

2 Likes

That is in fact one of the issues they would not fix.

1 Like

FWIW, all of my fans have the three speed switch still in place, and we really don’t change the speed from low on any of them. If the canopy module’s low/medium failed, I would just set the LZW36 to high and use the fan’s speed switch. The light control is more important to us…

Pm’d