LZW42 zwave A19 bulb

Same issue here. 1 works and other does the same.

when i first tried pairing bulbs on my porch light i put both bulbs in and one was paired and the other one wasn’t. i researched a little and discovered that you cannot pair multiple z-wave bulbs at the same time. You CAN do it with ZigBee bulbs however. the Inovelli Ilumin bulbs are z-wave.

The way i did it was…Socket one bulb and pair it…go through every step…set it up…finish.
Take that bulb out of the lamp and socket the next bulb and go through the set up process.

If you have multiple lights being controlled by one switch you will not be able to reset one and not the other…so you have to follow the same procedure for resetting them. Reset one, remove it and install the next one…then reset that one.

It took a lot of trial and error with both ZigBee bulbs and z-wave bulbs.

As for the dimmer, make sure you download the latest firmware…it was updated a few weeks after the initial release.

Give the folks here a break. they are very active on these boards and were very active during the holidays. They were at CES. Everyone’s got family and responsibilities and as far as small companies go…i’ll put my money on them solving my problem before some guy in a call center overseas.

Thanks for the response. None of the situations you outline are the case. I did not pair simultaneously and yes the firmware is updated. When a bulb does not even come ON when plugged to an ordinary lamp with a switch, it’s not a pairing or firmware issue. It’s probably DOA. Open to further ideas and suggestions. I hope someone gives me a break - been at it for weeks with them. Let’s see what next few days bring in update.

Did you get your problem all sorted? I am new to Inovelli products as well and found a surprisingly steep learning curve as well as some less than intuitive setup.

What Hub and version of it are you using?
When you setup your dimmer switches did you use a neutral wire?
-Did you install all the handlers?
-Did you make sure and select “Neutral” or “No Neutral” and “Load” options?

Thanks for checking-in. Yes, my issues got sorted after much thinking and figuring out possible solutions - since I am not an electrician. There is definitely a learning curve for an ordinary consumer. I have NO neutral wires in rooms and now have successfully installed 5 switches with 2 more to go. I also installed 1 RGBW Bulb with 2 more to go. I have a ST hub. I have all handlers for switches and bulb installed. Once you get them to work, it’s very cool. 2 of 4 switches and 1 of the 2 RGBW bulbs came with issues (quality control) that were finally resolved by Inovelli with replacements. The process took few weeks and was frustrating at time due to untimely responses. In the end they made things good and I am sure they will get better in responsiveness. Now I have switches and bulb set-up to alert with change of color in LED strip of both, the switch and color of bulb if Front Door or Garage is opened/unlocked and when closed/locked ( you will need smart lock/opener to make this work). One open question is longevity and durability given initial quality issues…let’s see.

Few observations for others in hopes of making it easier:
*Even at 30W total you may need a bypass. I did and used the one they recommend
*Instructions may seem daunting at first, but read them few times, especially the separate 1 page instruction insert for switch (some steps don’t apply to all).
*configuration is a bit of a hit and miss. You may need to try it few times to get to correct mode

• Instructions for handlers are very crisp and clear on Inovelli website
    *READ and search the community for help.
    Hope this helps