Packaging and Bulk Packs

Yeah they initially didn’t carry the 10pk boxes, but there was such high demand for it, they bit the bullet on their margins to offer the 10pk price to you (and sent single units, which has a higher cost per unit to them), which I thought was actually a very kind gesture.

They will be carrying the 10pk boxes in the future once the latest shipment releases :slight_smile:

Yeah definitely. Although soon is likely June 2021 at the earliest due to everything that’s happened logistically. We may be able to accelerate it, but as of right now, I’d put it in June.

Right now our target MSRP price for them will be around $30 for dimmers and $27.50 for On/Off.

We plan on a couple things here, but I can assure you that we plan on updating them both as often as the other. Now, there may be more space on the ZigBee chipset than Z-Wave so there may be a few more features available on them, but we haven’t gotten to that phase yet. I plan on officially kicking off the Technical Doc next week. We have received pricing and we’re good with it and we know it’s a simple chip swap so the hardware will remain the same.

Another thing we plan on doing is bring the firmware more in-house so that we have more control over it (right now, we have the manufacturer producing it, and depending on their priority, sometimes we get bumped so it takes longer to create these alternate firmware versions).

NET: if it were me, I’d go with what’s tried and tested, which is Z-Wave. I’m not saying we’re going to intentionally screw up ZigBee, but it will be our first attempt at it and with any new product release, there are bugs/enhancements that need to be made. However, the good news is that we are able to learn from our Z-Wave switches that I don’t anticipate many issues with ZigBee.

I also would go with what you’d like for your mesh to be. If you have a ton of Z-Wave products, I’d stick to Z-Wave, but if you have Hue, or other ZigBee products, I’d wait for ZigBee.

Hope that helps?!

Yeah definitely :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Eric,
You are my new role model.

Happy New year in 2021 to you, your family, and everyone @ inovelli.

1 Like

Lol thanks man :slight_smile: – happy 2021 to you as well!

@Courtney_Inovelli @Eric_Inovelli

I was looking at getting a few of the red switch 10pks but did not see any options for the color… do you offer these in light almond?

Hey great question! No, we unfortunately only offer them in white. We do sell light almond paddles separately!

Hoping to save a bit of packaging since I’ll need roughly 10 remote (companion) dimmers and love the led bar… Any elegant alternatives? Seems I’ll still save $40 by going individuals but holding out a little hope there might be better options.