Red series dimmer switch status after power outage

@Eric_Inovelli @EricM_Inovelli

Switch was no longer sending proper zwave commands on 1.57. Tried to downgrade to 1.48. Now it’s not responding. Says please wake up sleepy device. Any help please? I’m getting really frustrated over this.

Can’t speak to Hubitat, but if you just need to factory reset, hold the config for 20+ seconds until the LED turns red. I generally follow this up with a general exclusion via the hub just to make sure the device is no longer there. (I’m using SmartThings)

doesn’t do anything

I cant remember what I did. Had it happen to 2+ switches for me.

Didnt need any exclusions/inclusion, no air gap, no resets. All done from Hubitats device page.

Pretty sure I clicked on “Clear Lock” and “Get Version Report” a few times, as well as attempted re uploading it. Eventually I got it reporting other things, like device is locked.

The OTZ updated first shot every time for me, but the BIN file is what messed up for me on a majority of my switches.

Been doing all of that for a couple hours now. Nothing.

Ok, so the downgrade took apparently, I had to do a new device inclusion for it to come back to find out and and see it work. And force remove the old association in hubitat, then re-assign all my rules. Good news is my multi-tap scenes are now back working. No idea on if the DLC/SB function is there for functionality to be restored in the event of power outage with out re-configuration…

Which is right back where I started with all of this month and a half ago…

Is this just one switch doing this? I’ll just manually configure one here at the office and send it to you. Seems like you’ve gone thru more than enough of a hassle and troubleshooting. I sincerely apologize. Idk what else you could’ve done.

Can you PM myself and @Courtney_Inovelli so we can take care of it for you?

@Eric_Inovelli thanks. But the 1 switch I was testing with is restored. No need to swap it. 1.57 gave me problems and didn’t report multiple taps in the logs. So then hubitat wasn’t picking up my triggers for scenes. It’s at 1.48 now. Of course deleting it and re adding it causes its own rule association issues. So doing that is usually a last resort for me with several rules per switch.

At this point I’ll probably wait a bit to mess with it again to fix the power restore issues. Now that I know what’s happening and in which devices. It will be a quick manual fix to the dimmers for DLC to send power back to the hue bulbs. I’ll come back to it another time when I can dedicate time to it.

Yeah, that’s really strange. But, I suppose there’s no appetite to try to troubleshoot right now given you’ve spent countless hours on it. I honestly don’t know how that could’ve happened, but I’ve seen crazier things.

Ok, keep me posted – I admit, I skimmed the thread, but when you’re ready, just tag me and I’ll come back to fully engage.

If you updated to 1.48 you should be able to set parameter 11 “State after power restored” to 100 so the device returns to 100% after a power failure.