UPDATE: Dimmer Switches Update Thread - Production Starts Oct. 4th!

I’ll definitely keep this thread updated on any news around the dimmers on Amazon Canada. I know they shipped them out yesterday, so my best guess would be in a week or so. Likely, not in time for Black Friday :frowning:

Will Amazon.ca also have the 4 dimmers package + RGB bulbs free that is currently running on your website? If not, any ETA on when you will sell direct to Canada?

I’m from Canada and have been waiting for these dimmers for a while, but I would love to try out your RGB bulbs as well.

@harjms could you provide your recommended aux switch for the new red series dimmer switch to be used in 3 or 4 way setup? I see homeseer and GE but don’t want to purchase the incorrect model. A link would be extremely helpful.

the RGB bulb manufacturer did not care to pass the CSA certifcation, so they can NOT sell those bulb in Canada legally.

You, me and everyone at Inovelli knows that the product has everything to pass that certification, but for a reason, the manufacturer did not do it.

It should be done in a near future if I remember what Eric said somewhere else on the forum, so be patient.

The Dimmer should be available on Amazon.ca in like 1 week or 2, Eric said that like everyday since 1 week.

Go grab a beer and wait :slight_smile: as I do.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It would be awesome if @Eric_Inovelli can offer us Canadians the ability to get the RGB bulbs in the future (once they’re certified) by providing them with proof of us purchasing 4 dimmers on Amazon.ca when they arrive next week. I’ve been waiting for the dimmers and I honestly would prefer not to wait any longer. Or maybe we’ll get some good belated discount pricing on these dimmers on Amazon.ca which would be good as well.

@patientlywaiting - These are the ones from @Eric_Inovelli post on dumb switches.

GE https://www.amazon.com/GE-Bluetooth-Wireless-STANDALONE-12723/dp/B00RKJS8MQ

Homeseer. https://www.amazon.com/HomeSeer-HS-WA100-Companion-Dimmers-Switches/dp/B01DFSOTSM

Morning @Eric_Inovelli, I finally received my pre order switches! Thank you, I look forward to installing them asap. I originally ordered these to replace 3 of my existing 3-way switches as I thought they would solve my problem with my lights not turning off completely. (I currently have Leviton switches) When I read this about the Aeotec-Bypass-Resistor I thought you would be sending them out to the pre orders. Can you tell me what to do to receive 3 of them? Thanks

Hi @Eric_Inovelli, so I tried connecting 2 to single pole switches and because I have led pot lights through out the house they have the same problem of not turning off. When I turn it on it goes up, flickers and dims back down. Is it possible to get 5 of those bypasses. I thought these would have solved my problem but they didn’t.

Hey @neilestate! I’m going to send you a PM regarding the bypasses - we’ll get it taken care of for you!

1 Like

Do we know for sure the newly released Inovelli On/Off switch will not provide dimming in this situation? Thanks.

I’m still wait to hear from someone about mine.

are there any black Friday deals on the black switches?

@LongDono - I’m not sure if I understand your question completely. The On/Off switch won’t provide dimming function at all, but that is where I don’t understand. Are you wanting to install the On/Off switches in lieu of the Aux Switches?

Hey @rvenable, @Courtney_Inovelli will shoot you a PM shortly!

No, the Black Friday deal is for the dimmers and bulbs only in the US. More to come on Canada within the next 24hrs!

she already did
thanks

Yes. I’ve posed this before but it’s been overlooked due to my long post and other excitement here. :smile:

The scenario: An Inovelli on/off switch used as an aux/remote switch with an Inovelli dimmer

• A. Inovelli on/off switch can work as an aux toggling power on/off
    • If no, what if you were to disable relay on the on/off switch and use your hub to toggle the dimmer switch on/off?
  • B. On/off switch can also send the paddle press/release events to the Inovelli dimmer (or your hub) to allow for dimming level adjustment
  • C. An Inovelli on/off switch cannot be used in a 3-way scenario with a dimmer. One could use an Inovelli dimmer as the aux but with the noted lack of LED bar synchronization (which would be annoying).

For those of us without GE/HomeSeer aux switches and just dumb switches, it would be nice if all of the devices could feature the Inovelli style with LED, although obviously the paddle on GE/HomeSeer would look quite similar.

Thanks!

Thanks @harjms! I always appreciate the help from you guys. I’ve purchased over 30 switches between V1 and V2 and am always pleased with the the product and the service I receive. @Eric_Inovelli, you have a great team, can’t wait for whatever new products you guys put out.

1 Like

@LongDono -Ahhh gotcha. That’s above my knowledge unfortunately. I don’t think so, but honestly I don’t know. I scored Aux switches for $2.55 minus 10% for military discount at Lowe’s. I just wish they had ten. I only got four :pensive:.

:open_mouth: The GE Add-on switch is $33 CAD ($24.83 USD) on Amazon Canada… Nice job!

Hi again,

well it’s Black Friday today and I don’t see a sale for these dimmers yet, nor do they yet appear on the amazon.ca website.

I do see however that you have now updated your web checkout to serve Canada, so I went ahead and ordered the 6 I need this morning through your website at what I presume is their regular price, and I look forward to installing those when they arrive.

That ‘air gap’ thing you have on all your switches so you don’t need to reset a breaker if something goes wrong is a stroke of genius by the way - if you didn’t apply for a patent on that yet you really should - brilliant!

Martin Francis
<><