Z-wave Association for 2 Red Series Dimmers (SmartThings)

I have had 2 Red series dimmer switches that are used to control the upstairs landing lights. One switch (A) is at the bottom of the stairs and the second (B) is upstairs and connected to the load.

I had this configuration working the direct Zigbee association between the switches as DTH drivers but have just been updating and reinstalled to the hub with Edge drivers and cannot get the association to work. I have followed the instructions here : How To’s | Setup Z-Wave Associations - SmartThings Edge

I think the problem I am having is after the section written… After you have installed the driver and retrieved the other device’s network ID, navigate to your Inovelli device in the SmartThings app and temporarily assign it the “Z-Wave Device Config Mc” driver as shown in the screenshots below:

What Group number and end point number do you use ? I thought it was Group 2 Endpoint 8 and Group 4 Endpoint 8. So does that mean you perform 2 x SET actions.

Do you have to create 2 associations
On switch A associate to switch B
On Switch B associate to switch A

When I use the the custom driver to configure I dont get ant update in the ‘Device Info’ box when I perform either a GET or a SET action - I tired lots of time and also closed the screen and reentered and also closed down the app as well

Thanks in advance

Bumping to the top - hope that someone can help me with this.
Thanks in advance - Nick

I don’t know how you do it, but you have to create 6 associations, group 2, 3 and 4 in each device pointing to the other device. You also have to turn off the zwave association behavior in one of the devices.

I think I answered this in a support ticket, but for others:

There is a bug in ST that is blocking the driver from sending the proper commands. Can you use the “TEST” driver? It will look the same as the other (you won’t see anything in the Device Info box), but the commands will actually be sent. You can try to send them 2 or 3 times to be sure, but you wouldn’t know unless you are watching the logs.

First, set the “Association Behavior” setting to 11 ON ONE of the switches, and then set the associations like this:

Switch A

Group 3 → Switch B

Group 4 → Switch B

Switch B

Group 3 → Switch A

Group 4 → Switch A

Note: Some people also do group 2 (so 2,3,& 4) but I usually just do 3 & 4.