Zigbee Fan Canopy Module | Project Cheryl

If you read up about 10 posts in the thread, you will see a mockup with the rockers on the right, which I think is what you are referring to.

Either way, I think Inovelli’s intent is to make it configurable either way.

Yes but the mockup you are referring to still have the led on the left. What I was adding is to put a split led bar on the right of the rockers to keep a similar look to the other Inovelli switch like the 2-1.

ehfortin

1 Like

Both “ends” need to be on the same zigbee controller/hub and the binding needs to be set/established on that controller/hub. Once the binding is in place, then it’ll work even if the controller/hub is offline.

Sure, it can work fine overall but binding/direct-association is not possible between ZW and ZB.

1 Like

So a solid on/off button on the left, and then the up/down buttons on the right would have the led bar? I think this is how I would prefer it as well

1 Like

It’s almost a drum pad machine at this point.

IMG_2563

1 Like

Think it’s too late to ask for a little speaker on the board and a “game mode” in the firmware? LOL

I’m pretty sure my mother-in-law and my mom won’t figure how to manage the lights and the fan with that option :laughing:

Glad you did, I pre-ordered 2

1 Like

I would love to test this! I have(had) 2 of the LZW36 units…one still works, but the one with higher use the fan controller died. The wall switches are both still linked to SmarthThings, which I’m interested in potientially using as triggers or “if-then” routines to control this Zigbee module. But I’m in a little different situation in that I’m also in the middle of a transition to a Homeseer HomeTroller Pro with Z-Wave and Zigbee modules. The SmartThings transition to Edge drivers missed the boat with a Zooz LED controller I’m using for under-counter lighting, so it’s just a matter of time to completely switch over. Regardless, I can test this module with both SmartThings and the HomeTroller Pro hubs. In the interim, I did buy a WiFi controller module from Amazon that gets me fan and light control through the SmartLife app (Tuya, SmartLife, same, same). But I would prefer to re-integrate into my hub to trigger “away” geofencing actions, so either way I’m eager for the full release of this module.

Cheers!

Never thought I’d have to say this, but we could really use some more beta testers here!

Like 10ish more :slight_smile:

Samples are on their way and will be arriving to us this Wednesday.

If I’ve missed anyone, let me know!

6 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli I liked the original post, but never heard anything back :slight_smile: I’d be happy to help beta test - unless this unit won’t work with my Ezlo hub? It does support zigbee, so in theory it should work… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same boat as the last poster. Haven’t heard anything but would be happy to beta test. Currently running home assistant hub with sky connect coordinator.

1 Like

+1. Happy to help as well! I have ZHA with a fan with a built-in light. I’m excited to try this with the Zephyr in smart fan mode.

I’ll be honest, I forgot I mentioned to like the post :rofl:

It’s been a long week! I’ll reach out to you guys in a PM. Thanks for letting me know, I really feel dumb now haha.

EDIT: Oh dang, 22 of you guys liked it… I think we’re all set for beta testing. You guys are awesome!

2 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli , I am up to beta if you still have opening!

Hi,

I guess I’ll have to find out how to do this on Hubitat. All of my switch are currently ZWave but I’m looking into the 2-1 switch Zigbee for this upcoming Fan canopy module.

Can this 2-1 switch control both the light and the fan independently with the canopy module? I’m assuming so as it would not be called a 2-1 switch. That said, I’ve not found how it’s operating and how you change from fan to light mode. From there, I assume you have to program how you want to interpret tap or dimming vs the device you want to operate.

Also, to use with the canopy, do we have to get the light 2-1 switch or the fan 2-1 switch?

Thank you.

ehfortin

The 2-1 was used as a name because the switch can be a switch or dimmer.

If you look on the preorder page there’s an example of how it’ll work when Binded with a 2-1.

2 Likes

Sign me up to be a beta tester :slight_smile:

Well shucks. One of my Lutron MA-LFQHW-WH switches just bit the dust this weekend, wish I’d checked this thread sooner.

I would love to beta test this. Running Home Assistant and and ZHA with a HUSBZB-1 stick.

Add me to the beta list if you can! Unfortunately I don’t have any other inovelli switches so I’d need to get one of those to test binding, but I do have a four-button zigbee Tuya Smart Remote I could maybe use in the meantime.

Oh nice, I was just going to ask a question about this setup, but I had issues logging in :slight_smile:
My second question was about connecting a fan/light module through the 2-1 switch: as I know, it doesn’t support an inductive load. I understand I can use it similar to Smart Bulb scenario in this case and use a wire bypass to the canopy module directly from the breaker… But in this case I won’t be able to shut down the switch + canopy module together by pulling out the air gap on the switch.
And if I’m right, I believe I can pass the load through the fan switch, but will it support dimming when binded to the canopy module?