Blue Series 2-1 Signal / Routing / Performance Issue Troubleshooting Thread

I used tweezers to insert the pins and had MOSFETS tilted up enough to insert my finger to finish pushing them all the way in tight to the tab.

2 Likes

That level of damage probably wasn’t from soldering. The MOSFET probably shorted to something it shouldn’t.

2 Likes

looks like a phat solder blob on there I wonder if it shorted to the top of the fet

1 Like

I think that is the remains of the RF connector.

@Eric_Inovelli is there a topic on the forums that has the status of the incoming shipment of blue switches?

4 Likes
1 Like

Is the December order in yet? Any idea on when replacement switches will be going out?

1 Like

@travis.mara - I promise I sent it out on the 30th at 8:04pm – I sent it to the email you’re using for the forum. Can you check your spam folder? I sent it from my personal Inovelli account, so it shouldn’t, but you never know.

Regardless, you’re all set for 5 replacements.

@robf22 & @epow – Yours went out on November 22 at 4:49pm. Can you check your spam too? I sent it from my personal account, so it shouldn’t go to spam, but you never know.

Regardless, @robf22 you’re all set for 10 replacements and @epow you’re all set for 20.

@wildetech – If you want to PM me to make sure (I just tried looking up your email on the replacement sheet I made, but couldn’t find anything) that’s fine, happy to help. But to answer your question, if you submitted the form online, I will verify it and you should first get an auto-email saying your form was submitted and then another one when your switches are verified.

We will be fulfilling the replacements from our HQ.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

Update regarding replacement timeline:

We received part of the replacements this morning and are waiting for the remaining to arrive in a couple weeks. I would say we have about 85% of the replacements here, so we will start fulfilling them this week. It’s just @Courtney_Inovelli and I doing it, so please be patient. But, we will try to get out all of the replacements from this batch this week.

In terms of an order of replacements being sent out (as I know someone’s going to ask), we don’t really have one other than we’re trying to be as efficient as possible. What that likely means is that we will ship all the 10’s together, all the 20’s together, etc. This way we (and by we, I mean me… Courtney doesn’t mess up) don’t screw something up and give out too many or short someone.

For tracking numbers, our hopes is that if we fulfill these from Shopify, it will send you an automated tracking number (those that ordered prior to Shopify, it’s ok, your order was imported so we can still ship it out there). Hopefully this will also fix the, “unfulfilled” issue that everyone is seeing.

One last note, we changed the boxes moving forward. Instead of the fancy packaging, we opted to save some money to offset the rising costs in order to keep our pricing the same. This was a tough decision for me being the marketing guy as I like pretty packaging and believe it sets the tone for the product, but I figured instead of raising the price, I could just compromise as well as help the environment as the new boxes are recyclable, whereas the other ones were not.

So, if you get your order and wonder why the box is different, that’s why.

I will send out an email as well outlining all of this from my personal account. Please check your spam if you don’t get it.

20 Likes

Yup, mine went to spam. Must be a Microsoft vs Google mail fight… thanks for confirming!

1 Like

Really appreciate the update as always! Just wondering if there is a different process or timeline for those of us in Canada?

1 Like

Great question – same process :slight_smile: (fill out the form regardless of where you purchased it) and timeline will likely be the same as we’re shipping everything out at once, but I’ll defer to @Courtney_Inovelli.

1 Like

I get the efficiency aspect of this but I’m going to ask that you at least think about taking the original order date into consideration. I pre-ordered on the first day (maybe within the first hour) and was one of the last people to receive my order only for 90% of them to be defective. If I end at the end of the line again and having to waiting for the next batch of replacements that will really suck. Ive been patient so far but it would be hard not to switch to Lutron or some other alternative at that point.

2 Likes

Your label has already been created so hopefully you got a confirmation!

1 Like

Just confirming that for Canadian orders the replacements will be shipped in a way where we don’t have to pay for duty again. I know @Courtney_Inovelli was looking into that.

Thanks! Looking forward to these switches.

3 Likes

I will say that was some pretty good looking packaging! The switches look great as well, I feel bad having to throw them in the trash

90%? LUCKY!!!

100% of mine were from the defective batch (40/40)

1 Like

That’s odd, I received the last mass email but not this one that I assume you sent out today?

I checked spam as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the update as always. I’ve kind of tuned out a bit, trying to just patiently wait for my switches. I know the holidays present their own challenge when it comes to this kind of stuff.

All I can say is best of luck working through it. I know some people are unhappy out there but I’m still excited and looking forward to really getting to use these switches once my replacements arrive. Looking forward to whenever I get confirmation on it.

P.S. - As someone who loves Amazon’s “Frustration Free Packaging” I’m a fan of the packaging move to cheaper recyclables. While the boxes I received were nice, one of them was damaged anyway, and none of them get seen for more than 5 minutes except maybe for a reseller–which I’m not. I’d much prefer cheaper packaging that can be recycled personally, although the time and effort that goes into designing the original packaging is not lost on me and is appreciated.

3 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli Random Q: With using Hubitat, how do you make it so that when you press the up toggle 2x, it can for example, turn on another Blue Series switch? When pressing the button more than once, it still registers in Hubitat as pressing button 1, not button 2 like it says in all the manuals. Scene control is also something I see many references to, but no support for Hubitat. Is this not possible with Hubitat?

2 Likes