Blue Series 2-1 Switch - Enhancements/Bugs Thread

@EricM_Inovelli Just checking if this is a bug or how the switch is intended to work?

Chiming in that I also had this happen on a switch, but you only do it once! Now I check for it when wiring my ground.

I’m having a hard time understanding the question. :confused: Can either of you re-phrase it a different way so its easier to understand the issue :thinking: State the specific parameters you are using and even better if you can post some screenshots.

It already does all 4. Set Param 13 to the desired ‘comfort’ level. If light is off just turn it on and it will go to that level. If the light is on at a different level a quick tap of down/up will set it to the ‘comfort’ level

state: off
defaultLed7IntensityWhenOff: 101 = Syncronized

state: off
defaultLed7IntensityWhenOff: 100
(This works as expected, led7 overrides the sync value and goes to 100%)

state: on
brightness: 255
defaultLed7IntensityWhenOn: 101 = Syncronized

brightness: 255
defaultLed7IntensityWhenOn: 0
(This works as expected, led7 overrides the sync value and goes to 0%)

brightness: 1
defaultLed7IntensityWhenOn: 101 = Syncronized

brightness: 1
defaultLed7IntensityWhenOn: 100
(This does not work as expected, led7 should overrides the sync value and go to 100%. However it never goes higher than the sync value)

defaultLed[1-7]IntensityWhenOff Always Works
defaultLed[1-7]IntensityWhenOn only works when less than Syncronized Brightness

Hmm… I’m on home assistant so the parameters exposed through the user interface are not numbered but based on this document I can tell 13 is default level for when the light is turned on.

Here is a hypothetical scenario:

1. Bedroom lights are too bright so we set the default level to 70%, which is easy on the eyes for every day tasks.
  2. At any time they can double tap to full brightness making it really bright (e.g: home work time, cleaning and so on).
  3. When sleeping, relaxing, maybe watching a movie or even when the room is empty and you want to use the right amount of light to give it that cozy feeling, you need that 3rd pre-set that is missing (which Zooz called night-light i believe).

Basically double tapping the bottom paddle will bring it to a level that is not your default and neither full brightness.

3 Likes

Ahh good example. I understand it now and agree a double-tap down feature similar to double-tap up would be a nice (and logical) enhancement. I’ll post it to github

Edit: created GitHub issue #134 Enhancement request double-tap down similar to double tap up

2 Likes

Any update on a fix for reporting state changes on manual button presses? Using Zigbee2MQTT…

1 Like

To be honest, those parameters were not supposed to be included with the initial launch, so I have not done much testing on them. The way you are describing it makes sense that it is a bug though. The conflict between showing the load level and the setting for the single LED intensity is the main reason I held back on those options for launch.

@fxlt It seems like maybe the reporting didn’t get configured during pairing. Can you show your “Bind” and “Reporting” tab for the device?

Thanks for taking a look.

Edit: I see now if I manually add Endpoint 1 Cluster OnOff Attribute onOff with an appropriate min rep interval and max rep interval, the switch correctly reports it state when manually pressed. I’ve had to manually add this to every blue series switch I’ve added to Z2M. Why isn’t this automatically done when adding the switch to Z2M?

2 Likes

I think this was a bug that was in an older version of z2m. Can you make sure you have upgraded to the latest version and then click the “Configure” button on the device page?

@nathanfiscus mentioned this to me.

Its only in the latest dev build to my knowledge.

I’m fairly certain I had upgraded to 1.28.2-1 before adding the last couple of switches.

I removed the manual OnOff entry for one of the switches and then clicked the “Configure” button. No additional “Reporting” entries were created.

Edit: I’m not using the dev build, so that would explain why nothing happened.

Can a configuration parameter be exposed to allow the switch to operate as an end device rather than a router or set to default to an end device for devices with bad IEEE addresses. That would allow those of us with defective switches to keep using them without damaging the mesh.

3 Likes

Just curious when the individually addressable LED parameters will be exposed in ST edge driver. This was one of the marketing features of blue over red series so it would seem to be something to get added sooner than later?

2 Likes

Running firmware 0x01020208, HomeAssistant ZHA integration with a SONOFF USB Dongle Plus (TI) and while I can confirm that button presses are transmitted consistently, the group binding control is broken - recreating the group, reconfiguring the switch, disconnecting and repairing to the network does not bring it back to how it worked in firmware 0x1020200.

Pressing the buttons seems to have no effect on the group but state changes are accurately transmitted back to HomeAssistant.

Edit: Individual Device Binding works as expected.

1 Like

What version of HA are you on and can you tell what quirk is being applied to the device?

The behavior change is expected with ZHA and it has been brought in-line with the standard way of handling group binding. You’ll need HA version 2022.11.3 or later with the device on 2.08. Add the lights, etc to a group, and then bind from the switch endpoint 2 levelcontrol and onoff clusters and you should be good. (These will be the only endpoint 1/2 clusters of that type if the device was joined post 2022.11.3, or reset and rejoined).

Yes please add an adjustable ramp curve somehow. My lights go from relatively dim <20% to full brightness >21-100%.

I’m using one of my Blue switches to control a light over our primary shower and it has a 30 minute auto-off timer. It’s never turned off while anyone was in the shower, but having the remaining time shown on the LED bar (like an hourglass) would be nice to set up.

3 Likes

Nice idea, like a countdown timer.

2 Likes