Blue Series Fan Switch Firmware Changelog | VZM35-SN

@Blubaru I believe it has to be 0 for it to work. If it is set to 1 then it uses the new timer mode.

@Shadrach @tasinclair4 @justinlindh Added the new mode inspired by @tasinclair4

I am getting the files posted and also sending them over to Hubitat. Will let you know when they respond.

February 6, 2024 / v1.06 / 0x02020106

Firmware/Blue-Series/Zigbee/VZM35-SN-Fan-Switch/Beta/1.06 at main · InovelliUSA/Firmware (github.com)

Parameter Related Changes:

Other Changes

• Changed the behavior of keep alive cluster to stop using keep alive cluster when hub does not support it (Related to Hubitat bug).

• Fixed the case where non-nuetral could not be identified. This would result in the switch boot-looping when turned on.

3 Likes

Firmware is available for Hubitat and Z2M. Parameter 120 needs to be updated in the driver and converter so take that into account before updating. I’ll update the driver right now but will need to work on a PR for Z2M.

hmm, does fanTimerMode default to 0 ? if so, I’m not sure if AutoTimerOff is working anymore

It should unless after the update the configuration data in flash got shifted around and it is no longer zero. You could do a factory reset to see if it is 0 or set it to 0 manually and that will reset it to the default value.

A lot of times when firmware is updated (especially if there are lots of configuration options added), some configuration data can get shifted around.

I updated to 1.06 but couldn’t figure out how to change P120=2 in Z2M, the only choices are “old method” or “new method”. I messed with the buttons and guessed that to change P120=2 Hold “Up” + Tap Config 13x, and that seemed to do it.

For the fan in our family room, that spends 80-90% of it’s life on medium, all that is now needed is an up press for on(medium) and a down press for off. FAN TASTIC!

Thank you!

Edit: There does appear to be a bug where the switch is not updating it’s “percentage” state in Z2M/HA. If I change the speed in Z2M (not at the switch) then I can see the percentage update correctly for a split second (33 for low 66 for med and 100 for high), but then it reports “null”.

I updated to 1.06 last night, and lost the max speed option on the fan again (it was doing this before, but the beta firmware seems to have resolved it). Low/Medium speeds work, but Max doesn’t.

No big deal, but is there a way to force a firmware downgrade?

Interesting, there was a bug in 1.05 that made the switch not be able to recognize non-neutral. Do you by chance have a non-neutral configuration?

The wiring has a neutral. The stock firmware, for whatever reason, also didn’t have the max speed, but the beta enabled it.

Is it reporting in your hub that neutral is connected? I’m actually not sure what the entity is called in ZHA, but there should one that is read only that says neutral or non-neutral.

I think it’s this param. It does report 0, which I think means non-neutral, but I do have a neutral wired to it (maybe incorrectly; I can triple check). Maybe it was actually a bug in the beta that allowed max speed for non-neutral setups, then, or the beta somehow detected neutral differently (which I realize doesn’t sound likely).

If I can figure out how to downgrade firmware back to the beta I could check the value again. I might play with that later.

Edit: for what it’s worth, the VZM31-SN switches that are in the same gang box report 1 (neutral). But yeah, maybe I miswired this specific switch somehow.

Maybe not miswired, but worth pulling the switch to make sure the neutral didn’t get disconnected when you tucked in the switch.

Hello, I’ve upgraded my firmware today to 1.06 and lost some of my configurations for single tap mode and don’t see where I can set it to the old style.
I’m using Z2M, and had my setup so single tap up turned the fan to medium (170), double tap up high (255) and double tap down to low (85), and single tap down is still off.
Now a single tap up goes to high and double tap up goes to high after the firmware update. Double tap down still work for low.

Parameter Related Changes:

or all of my Blue Series Fan Switches, when I attempt to change parameters 97 and 98 to zero, it does not work. Seems like going to zero makes it use the default setting. I can set it to 100 and the LED intensifies, but zero will not work. I do have firmware 1.05 on them. This could be a driver issue though.

You may want to change the configuration options to something else and then change them back to what you had them at. There were a lot of changes made which can shift the configuration data and make it invalid or different. You can also factory reset and then change the settings.

There should be an option for default level local. You can set that to 170. Single tap behavior (120) should be 0. Double tap up and double tap down should be changed to something else and then changed to what they should be. Let me know if it works.

120 is a UINT8 which may need to be changed in the converter, but I thought it was actually accidentally put in correctly and was already that way. If you get an error when changing 120 then that is the case.

Is that on Hubitat? I can take a look at the driver.

It is looking like the neutral isn’t quite connected right. That makes me wonder though why the engineers prevent the switch from using all 3 speeds when there is non-neutral detected (since it worked correctly when the detection was incorrect). They are on holiday, but I will ask them when they get back. I’m sure there is a good reason though because they are very good at what they do and wouldn’t just arbitrarily restrict it. Just an interesting coincidence to investigate.

@EricM_Inovelli What about the fan speed status not reporting in Home Assistant using Z2M? It only shows “On” or “Off”. Somewhat oddly, I have tested, and the speed status reports correctly using ZHA.

It is Hubitat.

@fisheromega this may be a result of corrupt configuration data after the update. If you can do a factory reset on the switch and then in Hubitat re-add the device. It should come in as the same device with all the automations. Then use configure(all) from the device screen to resend all the configuration options you have set.

@tasinclair4 I have not had a chance to look, but there is a possibility that it is also from corrupt configuration data. Have you tried in z2m after a factory reset?