Blue Series Switch Paddle Colors

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has tested if the dimmer switch paddles work on the Blue Series switches?

I bought a 10-pack of the Blue Series 2-1 and I am anxious to install them, but the wife won’t let me install them until they are light almond like the rest of our home :frowning:

Here’s the existing conversation on the topic: Blue Series 2-1 Switch Color Paddles (Red Series Mostly Compatible) - #13 by NkySpike65

I believe the verdict is that the paddles themselves work but the red airgaps don’t work. You can either keep the white airgap that came with the blue or 3d print one it looks like.

1 Like

You are correct. I made a post about it already and li ked to the airgap file.

I talked with Eric and the plan is to get enogub airgaps for the blue serice to cove the red covers they ha e qith extras and toss them in so you get 1 paddle and both airgaps. Since they are interchangeable.

Then once red covers run low/out they will product the blues moving forward with both airgasp included.

ETA unknown. They are trying to get the current blue handled. So he was kind enough to share the bule series file so i could strip out the airgap part and creat an stl to their specs.

Loaded on thingiverse.

Thanks! I wish I would have done a better search prior to posting this now…

Lol, all good – we received the samples maybe a week or two ago and unfortunately Almond, Light Almond and Ivory were messed up. We are trying to get them out by the next production run which is scheduled for the end of November. But at the very latest, our B2B client is requesting that they be done by the time their switches are completed which would be in January.

3 Likes

Looking forward to it. I need light almond for blue and whites both.

Random question, is the stock faceplate on the blue series slightly…whiter than the reds? I noticed it does not quite match the old switches or the wall plate like the older ones do. Is the reds’ stock color “Ivory”?

The Reds are Inovelli white. The Blues are a bit “whiter”. Due to feedback about the Reds not matching a number of other commerical products, the Blues were colored to match the Lutron Claro line:

Colors: dimmer switch will be offered in white (matching Lutron Claro wallplates)

Yeah great question – as @Bry mentioned, we wanted to make a color correction to fix a long running problem of our switches in that the white is slightly off in color.

1 Like

Haha that figures, the off-white actually matched my existing plates perfectly :smiley:. Will the old color be available as faceplates?