Cannot get Switch to pair at all

Add me to this list as well. I bought a 10 pack. I added 4 with no issue. #5 will not connect no matter what I do. I added a 6th switch no problem but #5 still wont connect.
I have pressed the up paddle and config for 20 seconds to get the blue blink 10 times now. I have also held down the config for 20+ seconds to factory reset and that didnt change anything.
I also pulled the air gap out and put it back in and nothing happened.

Is there any thing else I can try?

1 Like

+1 to the list here. I bought 2 and the first one worked great - paired right away no issues. 2nd one I cannot get to pair at all. Hass OS, ZHA with 17 other zigbee entities all working great.
I have been able to find the device 2 times after 3-4 factory resets of the switch and ZHA will say “starting interview” but the switch will blink red and go back into pairing mode never to be found again.

For troubleshooting the ieee is 943469FFFE05C607

So far, I’ve installed 23 switches of 38. Currently 8 of them show an LQI of 0. and they are all listed as unavailable in z2m. I have around 45 ZigBee devices on my network and everything was rock solid, but all the sudden other ZigBee devices (endpoints and routers) have started to either lock up or respond poorly. I’m not sure what’s causing the low LQI issue, but I’m guessing buggy firmware is to blame for the routing issues. Hopefully it’s a quick fix they can push out, because the switches that work are really nice.

Subscribing here.

I’m having similar issue, but I’m setting up my first smart switch(ever) and also have a new Conbee II with deconz.

Conbee II - firmware: 26720700
deconz: docker deconzcommunity/deconz:latest

I’ll give it a try with the second switch tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

Indelam, did you ever get the switch working in deCONZ?

I am also running a Conbee II with deCONZ and the best I could manage was adding the switch as a light which, when turned off and on, would strangely turn other zigbee devices off and on. No other attributes were loaded aside from off/on as a light.

I only see mentions of supporting ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT–is there any intention of supporting deCONZ?

1 Like

Same here. I was about to start a thread “Big frustration with new Inovelli switches” but it seems I am not alone.

I have been using Sonoff Zigbee P (previously ConnBee II) and z2m (previously ZHA) via HA for two years and about 25 devices. Not a single time did I have substantial pairing/connectivity issues. I was under the impression Zigbee just works. Even for Aqara devices which are said to be buggy.

I couldn’t wait to install my new Blue 2-1 switches. Installed first one, tried to pair. Nothing showed up in my z2m. I couldn’t believe it. That never happened before. While the coordinator is a bit away, there are some sigbee bulbs within just a few ft which should allow hassle free connection.

After hours of trying I gave up. Then I thought: Hey, this is in a metal box! Faraday cage and such! Let me try a different one the next day.

Fast forward today: I install one in a new plastic (old work) box. Much closer this time and much closer than most of my other Zigbee devices. This time I left the switch hanging out. Guess what. SAME THING! I kept trying and trying. All of the sudden pairing worked. Even though is showed LQI=0, I could finally control the switch via Z2M.

I thought happiness can start now. Went to the breaker, turned circuit off, screwed switch into PLASTIC box, turned breaker on again. From now on, timeout issues in Z2M. Even after unscrewing it again.

Long story short: The Zigbee connection of these switches is not just buggy and barely functional.

I hope Inovelli is putting all their resources in fixing this issue.

As of now, I can just all switches back into the box into the basement. No point even continuing installing them. I hope a fix will be found otherwise I’ll need to return them very sadly.

I can confirm that every single switch from my batch is also from the 94:34:69 and the 38:5b:44 range.

I am happy to see that all faulty switches seem to have been isolated to specific batches.

I’m having the same trouble. I can’t get it to pair to home assistant using TubesZB PoE coordinator ( tube_zb_gw_cc2652p2_poe). @tube, any ideas? Not sure where the problem lies, as I’m able to pair other non-inovelli without issue.

Can you confirm the ieee of the applicable switch(es)? Should be on a sticker in the box or part of the QR code on the front of the switch.

Naturally, I put the sticker on the back of the switch. I can’t seem to scan the QR code, but does it help you? If not, I can pull the switch back out to take a look. I ordered 30 of them, and this is the first one I’ve installed.

94:23:69:FF, unfortunately this one falls under the listed ones with signal issues. I’d recommend holding off installing more, but it should work fine as a switch for now.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

So this worked for me but your milage will vary… I had a switch that I could not get connected at all… I pulled a plug from a different part of my house, plugged it real close to my non working switch… and the hub found it and connected it for the first time!

I then moved the plug back to its original location and the switch is still working as of now. Could be a way for some of you to get the already installed (but not working) switches onto your network and see if they will stay connected.

EDIT: ok it fell off the network so I had to move the plug back and the switch worked again. So the plug is a temp solution but it will work for now

I had to do the same to get mine to work. It’s weird because I already have 2 hardwired zigbee devices in the adjacent room, including 1 way further from the hub that had no issue pairing. I ended up putting an extra zigbee plug about 4 feet from the switch. Updating firmware now so fingers crossed that it fixes it.

edit: For a datapoint, I have Supervised HA on a NUC with Zigbee2MQTT and the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 dongle.

Okay I think I know my problem. I’m a little embarrassed that I didn’t realize this before.

The switch is in a metal box and I think it blocks out most of the signal. I assume that’s why it works when I put an outlet nearby.

1 Like

Have a look at this thread: there is a known issue that you may not yet be aware of, and some 1st-gen Blue switches will need to be replaced. If your switch address starts with 94:34:69 or 38:5b:44, it has the defect.

If anyone has already installed some of the affected switches in their environment. It seems you can get them almost fully functional, but you’re going to need a very strong mesh that doesn’t relying on the Inovelli Blue switches to route. Initially I installed around 26 switches of 38 and at the time had 15 devices that acted as routers. Some of the switches worked initially but after some time many of my devices (non-Inovelli and Inovelli) seem to be locking up and be non-responsive. I decided to try and flood the network with additional routers in various locations to further strengthen the mesh. I added additional smart plugs, Innr Bulbs (the ones that route) and even flashed the firmware on two spare Sonoff Dongle-P sticks with the router firmware. Occasionally I will still have an issue with binding not working, but most of the time the switches seem to be fully responsive. I realize this is far from an ideal scenario and not cheap, but if you were in a bind like I was, it seems to be an okay temporary solution until they are replaced. One last thing…I noticed that Sengled bulbs don’t play nice with Inovelli switches. After hours of trying, I gave up and just replaced them with Innr Bulbs, which work flawlessly in SmartBulb mode. The signal/pairing issues are certainly a big frustration, but putting that aside, every other aspect of these switches I really love.

looks like I was not the only one and my switch falls under the recall. sucks that Inovelli received a lot of bad units that will have to be replaced. Hopefully it is not another 6 months to get a replacement.

1 Like

Hi, any updates on replacement switches. I filled out the form a week ago that was sent out, but have not received a reply yet. thx

Track here: Blue Series 2-1 Switch - Network / Pairing Issue Announcement