Compatible Bulbs for Dimmer Switch (Gen 2)

I know, brutal lol… Ugh, I can’t think of an easier way to do it.

You could try doing something along these lines, with the goal of reducing columns. Adding jump links at the top would help get to the desired brand.

The alternative approach would be creating a “wizard” of sorts, where you chose the desired values and it simply filters the results.

Brand
(Table)
Type (Style, Wattage, Kelvin, Model) | Compatibility (Yes/No, Min, Max) | Purchase | Notes
(End Table)

Repeat

Yeah I might do the brand thing, that makes sense. The problem is that it’s built in Zoho (our helpdesk) which has limited capability to be edited, so I have to work with what is built in :frowning:

But, I think you’re on to something with the listing brands at the top!

Does Zoho let you embed an iframe? Maybe you could create a publicly viewable Google Sheet as the source document and embed it as an iframe?

How attached are you to the list living in Zoho? It wouldn’t be hard to setup a standalone list with more flexibility.

Hi,
yes i did but in circadian light settings. Home Assistant & Adaptive Lighting add-on are controlling the dimm settings. I put minimum level at 25%, otherwise my 12" light would go completely dark at & below 25%

Dimmer on its own worked just fine with default settings

Make/Model of the Bulb (we’ll hyperlink to the page so others can purchase)

• Satco S11361, 3000K, 90+ CRI, A21 100w Equivalent Filament Bulbs.

Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup?

• Neutral

Are you using a bypass?

• No bypass (installed in a fixture of 5 bulbs)

Did you have to set any min/max settings?

• Yes, Min 30, Max 90

Overall, would you recommend this bulb?

• Yes! Bulbs have been great so far, a bit brighter than expected so I will most likely have to set my default brightness lower.

I have deleted my previous post so the formatting falls inline with what they requested.

I certainly still see flickering “sometime” even after the code upgrade. Can someone look at the specs on the bulbs to see if you think they should be compatible?

I had to replace my GE Relax bulbs today when I installed my dimmer. The site states they’re compatible, but they buzzed loud enough even my wife noticed. Dim function worked fine but they had to go for the buzz.

• Make/Model of the Bulb:
    GE Relax A19 60W-eq Soft White Dimmable LED bulbs
  • Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup?
    Neutral
  • Are you using a bypass?
    No
  • Did you have to set any min/max settings?
    Didn’t get that far
  • Overall, would you recommend this bulb?
    No

Side note: at least they functioned on the Inovelli. I went and got a Caseta kit thinking that would work better, but they just flashed briefly every second, no matter the dimming setting. I returned the Caseta lol
Note that this is in a fixture with 3 bulbs on one switch. On both bulbs, SmartThings is showing about 26W of power draw at 100%

• Make/Model of the Bulb:
    Philips A19 60W-eq Soft White Dimmable LED bulbs
  • Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup?
    Neutral
  • Are you using a bypass?
    No
  • Did you have to set any min/max settings?
    43-85
  • Overall, would you recommend this bulb?
    Yes

@ryan.gallier [quote=“Eric_Inovelli, post:40, topic:346”]
Are these just the standard A19 bulb or do you have any other styles (ie: BR30, Candelabra, etc)? Thanks for sharing!
[/quote]

GE also make these in the E12 candelabra base (which I have, just not on a dimmer).

Interesting. I have 20 of these running on LZW dimmers. They are a bit unstable if I don’t up the minimum to 42 like I posted up above, but otherwise behave great. Even without the minimum, they had no audible buzz.

I posted my full configuration above. Here it is again. Thanks for looking!

Can you tell me if these bulbs are compatible? I do see a lot of flickering, and it’s super annoying.

Inovelli Z-Wave Switch (Red Series)

Make/Model of the Bulb
Sunco - SC13W65K9012PK - 6" Recessed LED https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1FCGWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup?
Neutral
Are you using a bypass?
No
Did you have to set any min/max settings?
I have tried everything.
Overall, would you recommend this bulb?
Great bulb when it’s not flickering.

I am using the GE remote switch in the 3-way setups. I see flickering in both the 3-way and non 3-way applications. My zones are setup with 4 bulbs each.

I’m currently testing bulbs on one of the red series dimmer on a 6 light circuit in my basement before deploying them around the house.

I purchased the GE refresh 6 pack from Lowes.ca and found them not compatible. They produce a buzz regardless of dimming level. This bulb should be listed not compatible beside the already listed as not compatible GE relax 2700k bulb.

• Make/Model of the Bulb is GE refresh LED Dimmable - BR30 65W Equivalent 5000K LED10DR30EG9DL

https://www.lowes.ca/product/led-light-bulbs/ge-10w-led-br30-daylight-6-pack-1568233

• Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup? Neutral
  • Are you using a bypass? No Bypass
  • Did you have to set any min/max settings? Default
  • Overall, would you recommend this bulb? no

p.s. when testing bulbs I always get my wife to check for unwanted noises.

I’m using Red dimmers and switches and the lights stay dimly lit when “off”

Add a bypass. That does not indicate that your bulb is either compatible or incompatible.

• Make/Model of the Bulb? Philips R20 45W Warm Glow Dimmer (Model 545020)
  • Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup? Neutral
  • Are you using a bypass? No
  • Did you have to set any min/max settings? 20-99
  • Overall, would you recommend this bulb? Yes

Are we still unable to reach a consensus on the top 3 bulbs to add on the QVL?

Also, is there really no bulb that can dim from 0-100 and doesn’t give off a loud buzz or some other preposterous annoyance?

• Quoizel / PCBZ1612C (Platinum Blaze 12-in LED Flush Mount Light)(link)
  • Using Neutral
  • Used bypass to improve dimming, but it does not help much
  • Min: 40, Max: 60, Dimming Speed: 2
  • Not recommended because of cost and poor dimming performance. With these changes, it does work very well.

I tried 2 different bulbs and they are both NOT COMPATIBLE

Make/Model of the Bulb: AmeriTop Efficient 14W

Amazon Canada
Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup? Non neutral
Are you using a bypass? No
Did you have to set any min/max settings? Tried many things but stays on all the time
Overall, would you recommend this bulb? NO

Make/Model of the Bulb: AmazonBasics 100W Equivalent 

Amazon Canada
Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup? Non neutral
Did you have to set any min/max settings? Tried many things but stays on all the time
Overall, would you recommend this bulb? NO

I will try few others soon.

Make/Model of the Bulb Ecosmart 15.5W No:1001 049 127 

Home Depot Canada
Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup? Non-Neutral
Did you have to set any min/max settings? Min 1 Max 80
Overall, would you recommend this bulb? YES COMPATIBLE = YES

Make/Model of the Bulb Ecosmart 9W No:1000 835 489 

Home Depot Canada
Are you using a Neutral or Non-Neutral setup? Non-Neutral
Did you have to set any min/max settings? Min 1 Max 80 ()and many others)
Overall, would you recommend this bulb? NO COMPATIBLE = NO