[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

Hello @EricM_Inovelli. Thanks for answering. I am new in hubitat but I believe it was added using S2. I am just following the screens I get during inclusion, all my devices show the same.

About the event log I am sure nothing was being reported, temperature, humidity not even motion. I have a Konke Temperature/humidity sensor just next to the inovelli for testing purposes and I could see a change, at least 2 or 3°C less in all the time i was waiting for a report.

About the driver, I did click save preference after I change driver, this is where the log shows all the changes and I could see lastActivity being included in the device section because I dont think the default Hubitat driver shows this, at least not in the device section. I saw a new update for Hubitat firmware two days ago and I installed it then I proceed to exclude my sensor and to included again and it was added again using the hubitat driver, I guessed this happened because my inovelly driver has a date of 08/05, which I am guessing is the one with the issue you mentioned. I see the new driver has 09/01 as a date. I understand this issue was the cause that hubitat wouldnt take this driver as the one per default when I included the sensor again just not sure why the sensor wasnt reporting anything at all using your driver but it was using the default hubitat driver.

Right now the sensor is using the default hubitat driver and it has been working fine since I performed the inclusion two days ago but I would like to use the driver directly fro you as it shows all the parameters to modify, just a little concern that it will stop working again.

I’ve been trying to avoid coming here to do this but I’ve had issues with the second lzw60 i purchased so i created a support ticket but I got a “we’re looking into it” a day or so after creating the ticket and haven’t heard anything since. I’ve replied multiple times and haven’t gotten a reply in 23 days now. Was hoping maybe @Eric_Inovelli could help out. My ticket number is 7039.

Hey @Byarnell05, apologies - I just looked at your ticket and will talk to Nate tomorrow about it.

As luck would have it though, we just received an update to the 4-1 Sensor that I believe addresses this issue.

@EricM_Inovelli - have you been able to test this yet? I know you’ve been overwhelmed with the Hubitat and ST integrations, but I just wanted to check.

@Eric_Inovelli that is awesome news! I will keep an eye out for this update.

Well this is disheartening, I had another sensor that seemed to work great for a few months but just the other day it randomly had an 8-10 degree jump in temperature and now wont report at the intervals I have set. Could this also be encompassed in that update you mentioned @Eric_Inovelli ?

For the second sensor is it reporting any activity? Is it possible that the battery has ran out?

I do have a beta firmware that I have been testing but haven’t finished testing it fully. It addresses an issue where the sensor stops responding in certain scenarios. When this happens the motion active / inactive still works, but certain reports are not sent. The device also will still wake up if you triple press the button on the back. If you pull the battery and put it back in the issue is resolved for some time. You can test the firmware but you may want to make sure that the issue is similar to the one listed above.

https://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW60/Beta/

@EricM_Inovelli the error sounds pretty familiar to what this current sensor is doing. It sends motion events but temp and humidity havent been sent for hours and they are supposed to be sent every 120/300 seconds. Also, the battery shouldnt have ran out considering its running on USB power :smile: I will give the update a test on this sensor but the other one I was issued a return for so it is being sent back. Will report back with my findings.

It looks like the new firmware might have done the trick with this one. Temp and humidity are currently the only ones reporting and that is exactly how I want it.

Quick question regarding config though. My understanding was that if I wanted to have a report sent every 2 minutes regardless if the value changed I just needed to make sure the ‘send reports according to threshold’ setting was off and my interval was set to 120 seconds, is that correct? If so, there still seems to be some times when it wont report for longer than the interval I have set.

@EricM_Inovelli fyi the smartthings link on the device page is broken

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/products-sensors-multisensor-lzw60-setup-smartthings

Fixed, thanks for pointing this out!

That is correct. Can you watch the logs to make sure that you aren’t getting reports every 120 seconds? If you look in the event list Hubitat will filter the reports if they are the same. For example, if temp is reported at 74.5 and then 120 seconds later it reports 74.5 again, the Hubitat event list will only show the first.

That makes sense, I wasn’t aware that hubitat would suppress duplicate reports on the events page. I just checked the logs and that is exactly the case. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Hi. Need help setting it up.
My setup is Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 and Openhab2.
Problem is I can’t pair it to the z-stick. I follow regular steps: put it in the inclusion mode, press the button on lzw60; z-stick does the correct blinks, but lzw60 keeps blinking red until timeout. It then shows in openhab as an unrecognized device. Device ID and manufacturer ID aren’t filled, so it’s not really paired correctly.
Exclusion works fine. Tried include/exclude several times, tried to factory reset lzw60, still no juice.
I’m out of my return window on Amazon so hope there’s some way to make it work…

It looks like the device is in the openhab database so perhaps you just need to update the platform and include the device again.

The inclusion behavior you are seeing is normal I believe. The red light will blink for either 10 minutes (I think) or until openhab sends a wakeupnomoreinfo report. After inclusion the device stays awake to receive any configuration commands until it is told to go to sleep or it times out. Openhab must not be telling it to go to sleep.

The inclusion behavior you are seeing is normal I believe

I don’t think so, since the manual says:

Press the sensor button (B) 1x and the sensor will flash red rapidly. If successful, the sensor will stop flashing and the red light will be solid for 1-2 seconds, followed by the red light turning off. If unsuccessful, the red light will continue to rapidly flash until it times out after 25 seconds

This 25 second timeout is what I see in my case, I don’t see red light getting solid for 1-2 seconds. Last time I tried, OpenHab failed to create the device XML file, similar to what is described here (just an example, that’s about a different device). I let it sit overnight, it still wasn’t recognized.

What version of the Z-Wave Binding do you have installed?

I have 3 of the LZW60’s configured in OpenHab using an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, and were all recognized correctly in OpenHab using Z-Wave Binding 2.5.8 as a LZW60 4-in-1 motion sensor.

I configured all of mine using micro-usb power, but I don’t think that matters.

1 Like

OK, it successfully paired after a few more attempts. I suggest updating the manual as it is a bit misleading.
Thanks

If you still have problems with the sensor freezing and not reporting or issues with excessive battery consumption. Try this driver instead. I had a lot of issues with two different sensors freezing and rapid consumption of the battery. I switched to this driver and all my issues went away. You can copy and paste it and create a new driver within the device driver section in the dashboard. Then edit your device and chose this driver instead. The author of this driver @bcopeland does good work.

This is a cross post of: Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor - Losing Connectivity and Stops Responding (Powered)

In recent days, I am having trouble with my Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor that is powered through the USB port. The sensor just stops functioning and all reporting stops.

A hard reset, pulling power, resets the sensor but that only lasts for a few minutes before the sensor becomes non-functional again. Using the manual wake up button on the back does not do anything when this device is in this state, the red light does not even turn on.

Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this? The sensor is less than 4 months old.

1 Like

I can’t make an association group to work.
I’ve got an LZW30-SN Red Series On/Off switch. I’ve put it in Group 2 on LZW60, but it doesn’t get triggered on motion.
I’ve set up a rule in OpenHab to be triggered by alarm_motion just to make sure that sensor works, and the rule fires, ie controller gets a notification.
What am I missing?