[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

What’s the trick to updating the firmware on the sensor?

In the PC Controller software, when I select the device and Node Info, I get an error that a wake up interval is not set for this device.

Pull the battery and use a USB cable and a power brick during the firmware update. Work like this when I updated mine.

The motion sensor is currently connected to power and I still get the message about wake up interval.

Tap the button next to the battery. Should wake it up.

I should have said to tap button also. hope it works for you. You may need to remove and re-include device and try immediately after include.

Figured it out, you have to wake it up at each step of the process, Wake Up -> Node ID -> Wake Up -> Get Firmware Info -> Wake Up -> Upload New Firmware.

Also, @Eric_Inovelli, the filename would make you think this firmware is v2.40. However, when loaded, the firmware displays as v2.04 (v2.03 was the original).

Version numbers 2.4 and 2.04 are, in typical software/firmware versioning, conventionally the same — it’s just a matter or whether you pad them with zeros or not. (Different software vendors may have different conventions here since lots of people see 2.4 and 2.40 as identical, but under a purely traditional approach, the latter is 36 minor versions farther into the future. The traditional approach is the one I’ve seen used by Z-Wave firmware.)

A separate but related issue is that different software that evaluates the Z-Wave Version Report (from the device) may display it differently. I think Z-Wave PC Controller pads it with zeros (the “raw” value from the device does not have them), so you’d see numbers like “2.04.” On Hubitat (my primary hub), I’ve seen most drivers that evaluate Version Reports do the same, but some don’t. Other hubs may have different conventions, and even here it’s entirely dependent on the driver (if it shows this information at all). But in either case, this just a display issue, and they’re equivalent. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any plans to add this device’s driver to the new z wave JS in home assistant?
I upgraded, but the devices did not work. I then figured out there are no drivers for this sensor.
I restored my Home Assistant to before the upgrade and got them working again.

1 Like

I have also migrated to ZwaveJS but its missing LZW60.js config

1 Like

I migrated to ZWave JS also, and home assistant picked up the devices and all 4 sensors are working properly, but the device shows as unknown in ZWave JS (obviously due to missing config as noted in the last post)

LZW60 is part of the batch pull Zwave JS is taking from OZW:

It’s coming, but might take a few days.

1 Like

Came across this post and managed to get my sensors recognized as unknown by pressing the button on the sensor every 10 seconds
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/lgchvy/help_setting_up_zooz_4in1_sensor_zse40_ver_20/gmqvzyu?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Good to know that all the configs are coming!

Only caviat is that these are the latest z-wave alliance certified versions.

Any beta stuff (param 52 on red dimmers, for example) will need to be added (or already is). So anything that you produce for future iterations/beta firmware would need the ZwaveJS driver updated.

However, if you are willing, there are many community members that will support you in this, just need to be made aware of what might be coming for additional/changes in parameter settings!

This could even be made into a private forum area for devs if we can support you and alpha test! I know @Eric_Inovelli is working on a redo on the forums.

1 Like

The device is working now on the latest ZWAVEJS2MQTT

1 Like

Any news on getting this to work with Home Assistant Zwave JS? I had 2 of them connected as unknowns, and the batteries drained in about a week.

I have mine powered via USB (behind the battery) and it is working well with the new ZWave-JS. Fully recognized. Maybe try powering it from USB until it is fully recognized?

1 Like

Sweet! Tried it after a HA update and they work great!

1 Like

Sensors are now up for pre-order if anyone wants to grab some! Should be to us in mid-April but we put down 4/30 just to be safe.

5 Likes

I removed and re-added mine to zwaveJS and it comes through as an unknown Multilevel sensor. Unfortunately I can not see any of the sensors show up in HA. The node is recognzided but none of the the sensors show in the integrations page or in the developer tools. Am I missing something?

(edit: I just noticed that the “interview stage” listed in ZwaveJS is listed as “NodeInfo” as opposed to “Complete”. I tried the suggestion of pushing the button every ~15 seconds while adding but that didn’t yield different results)