[DEVICE PAGE] Inovelli 4-in-1 motion sensor LZW60

@EricM_Inovelli the error sounds pretty familiar to what this current sensor is doing. It sends motion events but temp and humidity havent been sent for hours and they are supposed to be sent every 120/300 seconds. Also, the battery shouldnt have ran out considering its running on USB power :smile: I will give the update a test on this sensor but the other one I was issued a return for so it is being sent back. Will report back with my findings.

It looks like the new firmware might have done the trick with this one. Temp and humidity are currently the only ones reporting and that is exactly how I want it.

Quick question regarding config though. My understanding was that if I wanted to have a report sent every 2 minutes regardless if the value changed I just needed to make sure the ‘send reports according to threshold’ setting was off and my interval was set to 120 seconds, is that correct? If so, there still seems to be some times when it wont report for longer than the interval I have set.

@EricM_Inovelli fyi the smartthings link on the device page is broken

https://support.inovelli.com/portal/en/kb/articles/products-sensors-multisensor-lzw60-setup-smartthings

Fixed, thanks for pointing this out!

That is correct. Can you watch the logs to make sure that you aren’t getting reports every 120 seconds? If you look in the event list Hubitat will filter the reports if they are the same. For example, if temp is reported at 74.5 and then 120 seconds later it reports 74.5 again, the Hubitat event list will only show the first.

That makes sense, I wasn’t aware that hubitat would suppress duplicate reports on the events page. I just checked the logs and that is exactly the case. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Hi. Need help setting it up.
My setup is Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 and Openhab2.
Problem is I can’t pair it to the z-stick. I follow regular steps: put it in the inclusion mode, press the button on lzw60; z-stick does the correct blinks, but lzw60 keeps blinking red until timeout. It then shows in openhab as an unrecognized device. Device ID and manufacturer ID aren’t filled, so it’s not really paired correctly.
Exclusion works fine. Tried include/exclude several times, tried to factory reset lzw60, still no juice.
I’m out of my return window on Amazon so hope there’s some way to make it work…

It looks like the device is in the openhab database so perhaps you just need to update the platform and include the device again.

The inclusion behavior you are seeing is normal I believe. The red light will blink for either 10 minutes (I think) or until openhab sends a wakeupnomoreinfo report. After inclusion the device stays awake to receive any configuration commands until it is told to go to sleep or it times out. Openhab must not be telling it to go to sleep.

The inclusion behavior you are seeing is normal I believe

I don’t think so, since the manual says:

Press the sensor button (B) 1x and the sensor will flash red rapidly. If successful, the sensor will stop flashing and the red light will be solid for 1-2 seconds, followed by the red light turning off. If unsuccessful, the red light will continue to rapidly flash until it times out after 25 seconds

This 25 second timeout is what I see in my case, I don’t see red light getting solid for 1-2 seconds. Last time I tried, OpenHab failed to create the device XML file, similar to what is described here (just an example, that’s about a different device). I let it sit overnight, it still wasn’t recognized.

What version of the Z-Wave Binding do you have installed?

I have 3 of the LZW60’s configured in OpenHab using an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, and were all recognized correctly in OpenHab using Z-Wave Binding 2.5.8 as a LZW60 4-in-1 motion sensor.

I configured all of mine using micro-usb power, but I don’t think that matters.

1 Like

OK, it successfully paired after a few more attempts. I suggest updating the manual as it is a bit misleading.
Thanks

If you still have problems with the sensor freezing and not reporting or issues with excessive battery consumption. Try this driver instead. I had a lot of issues with two different sensors freezing and rapid consumption of the battery. I switched to this driver and all my issues went away. You can copy and paste it and create a new driver within the device driver section in the dashboard. Then edit your device and chose this driver instead. The author of this driver @bcopeland does good work.

This is a cross post of: Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor - Losing Connectivity and Stops Responding (Powered)

In recent days, I am having trouble with my Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor that is powered through the USB port. The sensor just stops functioning and all reporting stops.

A hard reset, pulling power, resets the sensor but that only lasts for a few minutes before the sensor becomes non-functional again. Using the manual wake up button on the back does not do anything when this device is in this state, the red light does not even turn on.

Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this? The sensor is less than 4 months old.

1 Like

I can’t make an association group to work.
I’ve got an LZW30-SN Red Series On/Off switch. I’ve put it in Group 2 on LZW60, but it doesn’t get triggered on motion.
I’ve set up a rule in OpenHab to be triggered by alarm_motion just to make sure that sensor works, and the rule fires, ie controller gets a notification.
What am I missing?

Don’t a lot of libraries have 3D printers people can use?

Is there any ETA on when these will be available, again? It feels like they’ve been out of stock for months.

Hey @DragonKing - as of now we are not sure if we will restock them at all. They were not a great seller for us initially, although it does seem demand has increased a little. If we do restock, my guess would be 2nd quarter next year.

1 Like

Oh, interesting. With how often they showed out of stock, I thought Inovelli was struggling to keep up with demand.

Yea. We ordered 2000 units initially. Long story short, a quarter of them ended up being stolen out from under us by a scammer, so the remaining units we did sell the numbers weren’t great as far as velocity, how quick they were selling, etc.

I DO think we will end up restocking them since they seem to have gained a bit of popularity now, but it will probably be a small number again and definitely looking more towards end of Q1 or Q2 before we would have them in stock I think.

1 Like

Oh, wow! That has to be disheartening. I know how invested you all are in the company. I’m sorry that happened to you all. You do great work!